WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2017, 11:48 AM
USA

Hails from United States
Re: Portrait (Progressive fotos)

Beautiful portrait. Wish I knew how to get skin tones like that. Like seeing the progression.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Lord of the Arts
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Outstanding work Vasilios.
Brian
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2017, 01:29 AM

Beautiful portrait. Thanks for sharing WIP. Nice to see the different stages and all of it coming together. I have a friend who does what you do.. paint the eyes last instead of first. Too creepy for me.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Greece

Hails from Greece

Humbaba , Richard Moore , oldglory - Thank you very much!

Alan , you are responsible for my patience in details. Thank you very much

Dave - Thank you very much

WFMartin - Mr Martin , thank you very much! Yes i have not used small or big, round brushes for this type of work in the past because it was very difficult for me , i didn't know how to apply the collour with these. But now that i am painting with more details i discovered that these are very easy and very usefull. These types of brushes needs some oil or tuppertine and after that can make miracles!

Phranque - In the latest paintings when i start applying colour in canvas i am determined to paint something loser with no so much details , but every time the result is a realism. I don't know why happens that. perhaps the problem is tha i have unlimited time for my painting. Next time , maybe i 'll try a painting with timetable.

bethanyt - Thank you very much! I 'll do it soon.

Kenny Hill - Thank you.I don't know at all how many time it took me, because i don't paint every day neither i paint with colours every day.But if calculate it, it must be more or less, 7 or 8 days with 2 hours a day.

billmahler - I don't like these sharp creases in her neck. You are right. But i decided to let tha neck and the hair little bit looser.

Derek , selectedgrub, , RLangford - Thank you, thank you very much!

JCannon - Thank you very much for your nice words. I aggre with your teacher. This is that i am trying to do. I discovered that the collour of the skin have all collours on it. The collour of the hair, tha collour of the eyes, of the lips, of the blouse,of the wall etc..

Animale38 - Thank you very much. with small round brushes and with no fear. add all collours you have in your palette, and experiment with all of them. You 'll see that it is very easy.

artlover55 - I am glad that you like it

bhindi - Thank you very much. I think that this way of painting the eyes is more difficult. I paint the eyes with different ways every time but I don't suggest this way.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2017, 05:44 PM
A WC! Legend
Glendale, Arizona

Hails from United States

Quote:
WFMartin - Mr Martin , thank you very much! Yes i have not used small or big, round brushes for this type of work in the past because it was very difficult for me , i didn't know how to apply the collour with these. But now that i am painting with more details i discovered that these are very easy and very usefull. These types of brushes needs some oil or tuppertine and after that can make miracles!

Small, pointed rounds do not have to be used specifically for fine detail, and fine lines. Purchase a bit stiffer version (just a BIT stiffer--not hog bristle) of a round brush, and you can use it to great advantage scumbling, and applying glaze layers, scrubbing the paint out into a thin layer.

In fact, I often use what I call a "short liner" brush, for applying paint to a portrait. I am always seeking a bit stiffer bristle brush for this purpose. I have decided to obtain a couple of Silverbrush's Ruby Satin liner brushes for this purpose, because they are a bit stiffer than a Taklon bristle brush, and they can be used quite effectively for glazing. I'm going to get my Ruby Satins from "The Art Treehouse"--a private company, good man, good products.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Port Harcourt

Hails from Nigeria

Oh wow. What a beautiful portrait.