WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#91   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2017, 02:07 PM
A Local Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... September 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
No haze this morning !!!!

Attachment 849890

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. After rainstorms yesterday (scattered: the park got a deluge, we got a few light showers) it is only 82º (27.8º C) right now, mid morning. And the air is so nice and fresh.
  #92   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2017, 02:49 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks, glad you had a cleaning rain...still waiting for rain here...but clear skies are wonderful....hope it holds..
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #93   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2017, 11:25 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

And Moansday too!
  #94   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:47 PM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Took a break from painting landscapes to allow some paintings to dry and found some old canvasses to re use and started two nudes, so far so good I like nudes
  #95   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2017, 11:07 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Good for you, Mark! So do I. I've been doing nudes for many years, and have one client who, every time I bring a new one into the gallery, starts saving up to buy it. For some reason, or maybe it's just because I'm a female, I've always enjoyed painting female nudes.

Marcia, I'm really glad that you got some rain there; now we need to send some of it up to Becca and Annie to get rid of the smoke.

#96   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
New Mexico

Hails from United States

I like nudes too.Maybe someday I might paint one.
  #97   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. It has been quiet around here....

Today is dis-assemblage day. Taking apart the large pieces of furniture that get moved tomorrow.

My phone started being non responsive on Monday. Maybe it was the heat, so I went into the phone store, since I was in town. Got a new phone for $30! It works pretty much the same as the old one, except I will have to add some apps that were not preloaded. My old phone seems to be coming on again like normal, but it was 5 or so years old, so it was probably time. Also, the new phone didn't import all of my contacts (found this out today), and I have a huge file full of client and personal info that will have to be moved over, so I am glad I didn't wait until it didn't work at all. One app it didn't have was a Notepad , so I am researching some and trying a few out.
  #98   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 12:17 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...hope you can transfer all the data...my iPhone 5 died this year too...luckily had cloud storage so new phone was no mess no fuss...

and have said before...year ahead of the dreaded....well, I did have cruise credit as well...so planned to break up my year with an in-between vacation...haven't had a vacationy vacation for 2 years...just finished solidifying plans a few weeks ago....then Irma....I was so sail out of St Maarten and back and stop by a few islands along the way on a smaller windsail ship...was going to be perfect...flying to Tampa then a few overnights and on to St Maarten to stay at a resort then on to the cruise and then after the cruise the same in reverse...What could be more perfect mid December?

Well, the hotel is no longer there and damage in general so extensive all Caribbean cruises by this line are canceled for this season... Waiting til later this week when they will call with new options they have put together...

In the meanwhile dealing with the dreaded...will be going to Vancouver BC next week to progress with it...and hoping to hear more from people here this week for this leg of it all...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #99   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 PM
A Local Legend

Drat! That is too bad about the vacation plans. I think I heard that Cozumel was hit..., by either Harvey or Irma. Hopefully the cruise people will come up with something similar, but to a different destination?

Good luck with the headaches in BC!
  #100   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 01:22 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks....getting refunded for air and hotels will be biggest challenge...and as for Cozumel, most likely Harvey...futher west...

and thanks again.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #101   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
Well, the hotel is no longer there and damage in general so extensive all Caribbean cruises by this line are canceled for this season...
That's terrible news!! Would have been wonderful vacation for Dec. Hope they can offer you something similar.

Marcia, I'm probably the only person in this world with an old phone, it looks like from stone age. I hope your new phone works out well.
  #102   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:54 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Mosc...I thought it sounded pretty perfect too...took ages to get all the planning in place so don't know about how a replacement will fall into place...

and some of those old phones go on forever I think...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #103   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2017, 02:52 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Marcia, Himself had to get a new I-phone, and guess what? they didn't transfer his numbers into the new one. I still keep some phone numbers in a book, so I offered it to him. It was some help, but his own friends he still has to contact and get their numbers again.

Becca, that's bad luck missing a cruise you planned, and I'm crossing my fingers that they will come up with a good alternative for you. I hope you have good luck in Canada!

We finally have the new air conditioner up and working! It's such a relief to get these fans out of the rooms. And it was just in time - we had a nice break from the hot weather for the last couple of weeks, and it's just now getting back into the hot zone. 90s are coming soon.

The only bad news for me turned out to be good for me. I hadn't seen my two older grandsons in a long time, and they came to visit because the other grandmother died. Not that it wasn't a tragic thing to happen to her, but it was so delightful to see them. I am very sorry for their loss, but I got to admit that I loved seeing them here.

#104   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2017, 03:08 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Nancy, hoping for a good surprise there....will be a nightmare still sorting out the air part...but will cross that bridge when I get there...

and Congrats on the new AC ... about time!!!! and glad it is still useful there....here we are beginning to cool into fall already...

and I'm glad you had the chance to see your grandsons too...sorry for the tragic circumstances but your visit with them was the silver lining...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #105   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2017, 02:05 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Senile dementia is what took her. It really is a killer, and since my brilliant brother died of the disease within two years, it terrifies me, too. One day in the future, the scientists may find a treatment, but so far, there's no cure.

I'm hoping that your vacation plans will get restored in time for you to have a lovely December cruise!