WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:13 AM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... September 2017

Fantastic Becca
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:16 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Mark..
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:37 AM
Enthusiast
Europe

Hails from European Union

Becca, excellent! You surprise me again and again with your newest art.
Annie, How is the exhibition going? Will you show us photos from the opening or exhibition in general?
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:53 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Marcia, thanks for the link about the studio and Chase's paintings. I want to explore the "Art Contrarian" blog further - looks interesting!

Becca, nice! It definitely describes a pensive mood very well. I notice it's fairly large. How long does a painting that size generally take to complete?

Nancy, best wishes for finding painting time soon! I need the same.

mosc, the photos are on other people's cameras at the moment, but I hope to get them soon.

Wanna hear a cat joke? (you'll have to wait... )

“We need more images and news that is good news, to make us wake up in the morning and do something good for yourself and someone else.”
~Romero Britto

Last edited by AnnieA : 09-04-2017 at 02:06 AM.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 02:12 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Mosc...very sweet...

and thanks Annie...called, "wishing"...this one has taken months to come out of me...actual painting time is irrelevant...

Anxious to hear the updates on your show...

really...thank you all again...hoping to make time for more of this in the near future.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 10:35 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Nancy, I hope things get decluttered enough for you to feel like getting that painting out and onto canvas.

Annie, looking forward to seeing the pics from your opening!

The painting that had the oil beading on it has been fixed. I was able to scrape it off with a fingernail, then rub it gently with an OMS soaked rag.

I went ahead and varnished another one that has been finished for quite some time. I think I will varnish a couple more later today.

Looks like I will be starting to move some small stuff tomorrow. The tile in the main room/kitchen still isn't done, so the big move will be next week, but it is nice to do something in that direction.

I have a housesitting commitment starting on the 17th, just a few miles from the new place. An opening on the 9th down in Palm Desert, which will be all new to me, but the woman running the creative center where it is being held is super nice!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:22 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia good luck with the move...at least starting the move...good luck with the exhibit...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:30 PM
A Local Legend

Thanks Becca!
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 09:34 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

So last night I asked...
Quote:
Wanna hear a cat joke?
Nevermind, just kitten.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

No painting today. I've been trying to reorganize, but frankly haven't gotten far on that either. It was very hot today, but I'm hiding out with the AC at full blast. I thought it would help, but it seems I have very little mental or physical energy these days.

“We need more images and news that is good news, to make us wake up in the morning and do something good for yourself and someone else.”
~Romero Britto

Last edited by AnnieA : 09-04-2017 at 09:38 PM.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 10:11 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Nevermind, just kitten.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

Annie!!! Shame on you! (teehee)

I had someone here all day to fix our bathroom, so not much is getting done on my part. We can't take showers and baths until the tiling is done and dry.

The painting idea that's been haunting me is a little boy and girl fishing off a bank of red earth, which is one of Oklahoma's more interesting traits. It's a deep red, and it actually is attractive.

But, just getting the house liveable is still taking priority.

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

annie...

Nancy...you have a big job getting the house taken care of...no doubt you are exceedingly frustrated to not be painting...but I'm sure you will get to it soon...sometimes other things just have to take precedence...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2017, 02:27 AM

Ah Annie, hopefully you can get that over with asap so you can paint. I can almost feel your must-art-itch over here!
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2017, 10:27 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Annie, I have found that the relentless heat we have had this summer played a big part in my lack of energy and motivation. Even when I am in a cool environment, I feel listless.

Nancy, I hope your bathroom is done and fully usable soon!
Your idea for a painting sounds wonderful! Who could resist a painting like that?

Since Monday was a bank holiday, today is errand day, and I hope to start moving things.

I hope you all have a splendid day!
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2017, 01:50 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

good luck starting the move Marcia...

the smoke is bad as ever today....look at the suet on my balcony cushion just an hour ago...

Name:  IMG_8919resize.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  233.9 KB

in days prior my eyes have burned and i"v had a cough...today I just feel generally sick...not an especially healthy situation at all..
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2017, 02:14 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

DMA, Marcia, thanks for the positive thoughts...actually, part of the problem may be the smoke that we have here too, as Becca does. This morning I woke up to find this eerie green light filling my living room, and it was also covering the sky and hills/lake. It's got to be from the smoke. As I'm sensitive, maybe that - and the heat - is what's the matter with me. I hope it won't be this way from now on...

The weird light motivated me to do a small (5x7) study to try to catch the odd color of the light. I can't seem to get a good photo of it though, and it's very, very sketchy, so I won't post it now, althoufh I may try to shoot it later when I have more time to fuss. I'm thinking I may not ever be able to do a successful painting of all the buildings in the hills above the lake - they're too many different colors so it either turns out fussy and overly detailed or unrecognizable because of too much simplification. But it was nice to have the motivation to paint, however terrible the source. If I ever do attempt a full scale painting from the study - and if it worked out - I thought I'd call it "Seattle Fire-Fog Morning."

Marcia, yay...moving things at last!

Becca, you're having worse smoke-related issues than I am. Hang in there and I hope it eases up soon.

~Romero Britto

Last edited by AnnieA : 09-05-2017 at 02:29 PM.