Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Portraiture Forum Library Archives Portraiture Challenge — June 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    jocelynsart

I will provide photos for the Portrait Challenge, Wednesday, June 2, for everyone :-)

Kevin, Lauren or Dana, if you guys had something already set, feel free, and I’ll use mine in July.

Jocelyn

Jocelyn and everyone ! – Ken T has posted for June – see below some great heads for study. Posts are welcome in any media – from graphite to charcoal to ink to oil to pastel and everything in between. We welcome digital paintings as well as long as they are not “paint-overs” and are original works based on the references. Thank you everyone for participating in the portrait challenges!:wave::thumbsup:

kentiessen

Here are four of my portrait references for the June 2010 Portraiture Challenge:

Maria:

A young man:

Erin:

Jack:

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
            Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

kevinwueste

Ken these are wonderful!! Thank you for posting and leading the Portrait Challenge for June!!! -Kevin

i draw, paint and teach | my voice is hoarse | my shoulder hurts.
                Talent is really a capacity for a certain type of learning of knowledge and a consuming interest in the facts that contribute to that knowledge~ Andrew Loomis
                http://www.kevinwuesteart.blogspot.com
                "kevinwueste" on instagram

kentiessen

I’m glad you like them! I look forward to all the exciting growth and art that will come from them. Happy to be of help!

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

Everyone

Great references, Ken! :thumbsup: Thanks! :clap:
                        June is off to a great start! I’m downloading all of these and plan to get something done during June…. really! :wink2:
                        :D

Cheers, Lauren
                        https://www.facebook.com/LaurenFosterMacLeod/
                        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lauren.fosterm/

jefuchs

Sorry, I forgot my good camera at work, but you get the idea.

kentiessen

Nice sketch, Jeff! It has all the right things and looks good now- are you going to continue with it?

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

Everyone

I agree with Ken — great start, Jeff! :thumbsup:
                                    Good shapes, shadows and structure. Looking forward to seeing this progress. :clap:

Cheers, Lauren
                                    https://www.facebook.com/LaurenFosterMacLeod/
                                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lauren.fosterm/

jefuchs

Thanks guys. It’s already advanced a lot since that pic, but I’ll wait till I get my good camera back from the office before posting more.

Well….. I ‘m showing this with hesitation because I think it came out awful. She looks strung out. :eek: :lol:

I think pastels are the hardest medium ever! I love the way they look, but clearly I need a lot more practice. Or help. Or should I just stick to oil paint? :D

I used my pan pastels. Maybe I should try using them with the sticks?

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                                        Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

lovin art

Hey oil chica,:heart: you did Great Jess, the skintones are looking good, your right its not as easy as it looks hey…try the sticks I Love them….well done for your first try..:thumbsup: :D

Nice Sketch, Jeff….lovely handling so far…:thumbsup:

jocelynsart

Great references!
                                                Jocelyn

NancyMP

Thanks guys. It’s already advanced a lot since that pic, but I’ll wait till I get my good camera back from the office before posting more.

:wave:That’s a very classy drawing, whether you have the right camera or not!:thumbsup:

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                                                    All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

NancyMP

Jessica :) , that’s the same trouble I have with pan pastels on textured papers or surfaces. (Maybe that velvet paper?) It’s a challenge, all right!:eek: I just find it hard to draw with them; those little padded sticks don’t give you the control you’re used to with a brush, pencil or pastel stick. But I agree with Sandra that your skin tones and colors look good.:thumbsup: And just think, you have a whole month! I’m going to try Erin in oil, why don’t you join in?:heart: I won’t be able to post anything until next week.:wink2:

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                                                        All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

kentiessen

Great references, Ken! :thumbsup: Thanks! :clap:
                                                            June is off to a great start! I’m downloading all of these and plan to get something done during June…. really! :wink2:
                                                            :D

Hi Lauren! My pleasure- I look forward to seeing your work!

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.