WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Lord of the Arts
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily, Saturday, August 12, 2017

Good morning from Virginia. We arrived yesterday just before a bad thunderstorm arrived. Tornado warnings and severe thunderstorm warning after that. Lots of rain, but fortunately the predicted large hail did not happen for us.

Went out for a bit this morning but didn't see a lot.

Hopefully there will be more activity today than yesterday. Seems fewer and fewer folks are posting.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 09:56 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Saturday, August 12, 2017

Good morning, Don. Glad you got to your destination safely. It had to be scary driving in those storms while pulling your trailer. The rain water on your leave reminds me of the toad I saw in my garden last night. I wanted to go grab my camera to take photographs of it but it was just a pup and it scooted away before I could capture it. That is a very pretty composition with lovely array of greens and silvers, well caught. I hope the rest of your day goes well.

I think the colors in these berries will compliment your greens very well.

LORELL
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens

Last edited by Luv2shoot : 08-12-2017 at 10:03 AM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Lord of the Arts
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States

Quote:
It had to be scary driving in those storms while pulling your trailer.

Actually, this is a "trailerless" trip. Visiting our daughter and grandchildren this trip while our grandson is off on some training.

Too bad you couldn't have gotten a shot of the little toad. But the berries turned out very nice. I like to take photos of berries too.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:47 AM
A Local Legend
South Dakota, USA

Hails from United States

Good morning Don and Lorell!

Don, I really like the composition, DOF and treatment on your photo.
Anytime driving in a thunderstorm is scary to me!

Lorell, nice sharp focus on the foreground berries.

He is one from the files. Roughlock Falls in the Black Hills. I have posted different photos of this falls periodically.

The site got its name from early pioneers who had to “rough lock” their wagon wheels to keep them from speeding out of control on the canyon’s steep grades. Chains were used to lock the wheels in place and keep them from spinning, and the wagons would grind and slide their way down the slope.

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:31 PM

Hails from United States

Hi Rich,
Beautiful colors in your image. Thanks for sharing the history behind the name. I cannot image what it must have been like. The pioneer life is not the life for me.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Enthusiast
Victoria

Hails from Australia

Good morning!

Don, love the focus and simple composition your leafy greens.

Lorell, Yes, you took the words right off my keyboard! Your rosy berries do compliment Don's leafy greens.

Rich, a superbly composed autumnal scene, love those soft pastel colours of early fall.

4:45am, Well my day has just begun and I'm about to fix brekkie, bacon and egg, probably followed later with a bowl of raw oats, apple juice and yoghurt.

Hang on, I'll do it now!

That's natural dairy butter (not toxic soy laden margarine) + Peppered Egg & Bacon on wholemeal toast.

And now my weeties, oats 'n apple juice with large dollop of yoghurt!

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~ Calvin-

Last edited by Greenhill : 08-12-2017 at 03:39 PM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:37 PM

Hails from United States

Well, good morning to you Mate.

Thanks for sharing your breakfast with us. I hope you don't mind me asking questions, but I seem to do a lot of that when I am around interesting people like yourself.

1) Do you only eat free range organic eggs? My husband and I love the summer because we get all of our eggs from our Amish friends. They are strictly brown eggs and they definitely taste different in a good way. The yolks are more golden and the taste is just more delicious.

2) It looks like your bacon is on the raw side. I am assuming that is a preference. I like it that way too. As a kid my mother would Actually give me a small piece of raw bacon. Boy, that sure was good.

3) Is that butter on your toast? Wow, you really like butter. But who doesn't. You burn it off with all of your activities that you are involved in.

4) Do you have just add yogurt over Uncle Toby' s oats and eat them that way, or will you add a little milk too?

5) What's for lunch?
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 08:51 PM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

That's a very lovely image, Don.

Nice bokeh and luscious colors, Lorell.

Your breakfast looks like something I'd enjoy, Mark - all except the Vegemite, of course.

Sorry I have no photos to share - I've been busy with lots of time-consuming stuff trying to redo wills an a trust. Geesh! Why can;t lawyers write in clear, plain English?
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast
Victoria

Hails from Australia

Lorell -
I do eat only free range eggs and to be sure of what I'm buying I have a brilliant phone app called CluckAR free range egg detector. How clever today's technology that allows you to check before you buy.
You can tell a quality fresh egg because its yolk remains intact when it's cracked into the pan. These that I buy are extra large 350g delicious.

The bacon I buy are what we call "medium rashers", very long strips which I cut in half to place in the pan side by side with the egg on top between them, 5 minutes and it's done. As pictured they are actually well cooked.

That is butter on the toast, and yes, I do lay it on a bit thick!

I don't do milk, I use pure natural unsweetened apple juice (no additives) instead. I get my calcium from yoghurt, totally delicious stuff. The brand is JALNA (url) made by the McLaren Family, a short interesting read.

For lunch today I had Lasagne. I buy it fresh (not frozen) from the supermarket, a few packets at a time and freeze them myself to last a month or so. One pack contains 2 good serves.

Dave - VEGEMITE, you don't know what you're missing, in 1983 it powered AustraliaII's crew to rip the Americas Cup from Dennis Connors ! It is essentially an Australian food but I heard recently that at long last it is now also being made and marketed in the USA after having been banned by the FDA (no doubt since hearing the famous AII theme song, "I come from a Land Downunder" by Men at Work)

Edit: Wikipedia has a better article on the benefits of VEGEMITE:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~ Calvin-

Last edited by Greenhill : 08-12-2017 at 11:30 PM.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-14-2017, 09:20 AM
A Local Legend
eastern coast

Hails from United States

Don, very nice water droplets on the leaves....nice bokeh! It's been raining here a lot this month. Saturday saw 6 inches of rain just north of me, glad I did not get that much. Caused a bit of flooding north of me.
Lorell, love those berries....nice shot. Like Don's, great bokeh! Nice color combination in the shot.
Rich, when I scrolled to this image, I first thought it was a painting....the leaves are wonderful. Nice shot indeed!! Thanks for the story, too..
Mark, I think you need to brown the bacon a bit before you put that egg on it!! I think browning adds a tad of flavor. When I was a kid, my parents would butcher their own pig....and my dad would smoke a ham and bacon and he loved thick strips of slab bacon, cook it over a fire and eat on a slice of bread. I can remember eating that! Along with home made dill pickles and home made sauerkraut! ( I have recently been fermenting my own sauerkraut for the health benefits of eating it!!) Your toast with butter is like what my mom used to make, slices of butter, rather than that junk ridden cheap soft spread!! But on crusty rye bread!! My brother has laying hens and those eggs are so rich and the yolk is so orange and rich!! Yum. Vegemite, I would have to taste it to know if it's good. Heard a lot about it. I think it's probably something you have to grow up with. As for lasagna, our stores don't make it fresh here...but I do. LOVE it.