Home Forums Explore Media Clay WIP: Still and in Motion Spheres

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    it’sALLart

About 17 inches tall. This is a progress shot, still lots of refining to do at this stage. All slab-built with standard fireable clay. All shapes are hollow, about 1/4 inch thick. Very heavy piece, have had some small cracking problems at the joints but will fix those later after firing with mortar/modeling paste mixture. It weighs a lot less now that it’s dry, very stable. Will show additional pic after it’s fired.

A real tangle and a feat with hollow parts.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Trier

Hey Keith –

Just happened to stumble across this forum, and recognized your WC name.

I know next to nothing about clay, but interested, and this piece connects with me.

It gives the feel of clasped fingers while thinking, and/or holding some hot dogs., signifying something or other.

Regards,

Trier

it’sALLart

Thanks, Doug!

Thank you Trier… it’s basically abstract, to be whatever the viewer imagines. I was going for spheres in motion and their trails solidified. It’s also borrowing from an abstract painting style I use.

My problem now is getting this and some other ceramic pieces fired. I don’t have a kiln and none of the art centers are open until further notice. Guess I’ll have to wait it out like everyone else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.