Home Forums Explore Subjects Still Life Stone vase

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I have this small still life 12×16 oil work. C&C are welcome.

Gorgeous set up and design with an old world feel, Moises, wow!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

billmahler

Nice work, Moises.
        I especially like the colors

I only regret not drinking more champagne -
        Winston Churchill.
        http://billfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

KreativeK, Bill: Thank you.

zhm

This is simply lovely!

I will give you some feedback though. The shadows on the flower lying on the table looks as if the light source is directly overhead whereas the cast shadow of the vase indicates the source is low and to the left of the picture plane.

I see the wonderful perspective of the vase. The top is at eye level whereas the bottom is well elbow eye level. Nice! You might check the drawing of the eclipse of the bottom. Maybe a drawing improvement opportunity.

Classic still life that anyone would be proud to possess!

This is simply lovely!

I will give you some feedback though. The shadows on the flower lying on the table looks as if the light source is directly overhead whereas the cast shadow of the vase indicates the source is low and to the left of the picture plane.

I see the wonderful perspective of the vase. The top is at eye level whereas the bottom is well elbow eye level. Nice! You might check the drawing of the eclipse of the bottom. Maybe a drawing improvement opportunity.

Classic still life that anyone would be proud to possess!

Thank you for your comments. The base of the vase has been fixed already. That was a good observation. The reference photo indicates the light source is above and coming from the left as the shadow of the metal ring can indicate.

AllisonR

Super yummy subtle warm and cool color shifts in the vase. Contrasts nicely with the much more saturated flowers. Dramatic. There may be a shadow in the far left in the reference, but it is a shadow from something that does not exist in your painting, nor does it add any useful info to your painting, so I would remove it.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/

Thank you Allison, but I reworked this still life several days ago and this is the final job. I don’t see anything in the background though. Thank you for your comments.

IronPawn

Hey Moe, how are you? Hope all is well, it has been a long time. Beautiful painting though.

All the best.

Zoran

Hey Moe, how are you? Hope all is well, it has been a long time. Beautiful painting though.

All the best.

Zoran

Hi Zoran, how are you? Thank you for your comments!

Excellent painting! Very engaging and elegant with expressive brushwork. The light is very convincingly coming from the left throughout the painting.

Gav

Nice subject and colours. looks great. love the feel of light picking out details and other parts lost in shadow.

www.mundyart.co.ukhttp://www.mundyart.co.uk]www.mundyart.co.uk[/url][/b][/size]
                        I just love painting stuff!
                        FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | YOUTUBE

Excellent painting! Very engaging and elegant with expressive brushwork. The light is very convincingly coming from the left throughout the painting.

Thank you.

Nice subject and colours. looks great. love the feel of light picking out details and other parts lost in shadow.

Thank you Gav.

patrikeev

Looks great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.