Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Calligraphy Calligraphers’ Notebook(s)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike L

Looking for a spiral bound calligrapher’s notebook for practice. Ideally each page would have feint guidelines on paper appropriate (weight and surface) for calligraphy inks.

Is there anything like that out there?

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

You can buy calligraphy practice sheets. Some are in sketchbook form. Check out Blicks or Amazon or google calligraphy practice sheets.

This one on Amazon looks pretty good.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Mike L

Thanks for the response, vmrs.

I’ve tried several from Amazon and just haven’t been happy with them. The portability is nice, but they seem, somehow, not my cup of tea. Maybe that’s the problem – I keep trying to brew them? 😂😜

Anyway, I found a couple websites with calligraphy practice sheet generators. A calligrapher can design precisely what they want and download the sheet as a .pdf and print as many as they want. Here’s my favorite[/URL], but anyone interested can search for “calligraphy guideline generator” to find more.

I’ve also started designing my own in CorelDraw. Attached are photos of two of them for a 1.2 mm wide nib at a 3:2:3 ratio.

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Zelda Ella

I recommend you Leslie Tieu modern calligraphy. It is a spiral-bound book. This book not only lays down the instructions on how to create the letterings but it also delves deeper into that such as how you can create your own style of writing. I really like this. I always take it with me when I started learning calligraphy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.