Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Photo Hunt at Camera Club’s Group Shoot

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I mentioned in the daily that on Sunday, June 6th, I was attending a Group Shoot with our local photo club. I had planned a little photo scavenger hunt by giving the attending members 4 categories for which they were to locate examples to fulfill each of the four topics. It is always fun to see what everyone posts. Some get creative, others think outside the box, but you know me, I have tunnel vision and just search for the obvious .

So the categories were:

Under the Hood, Red, Curves and Person with Hat.

Here are the four images I chose to submit. This is not a competition, it is just to have fun. But the members all agree that it is more fun to do an activity like this for something like a Group Outing of this nature than to just go out and take photos. Not all venues would work as well as an outdoor car show.

This is Under the Hood of a BEL AIR

Red ( I have no idea what kind of car this is)

Curves (A Hudson)

and Person with Hat

I appreciate you taking the time to look at the images and leave your comments of likes, dislikes or suggestions.

Thank you,
    LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Humburger

Beautiful shots of the cars. That second shot is my kind of car. The person with a hat made me immediately think of a quote from Anne of Green Gables, The Sequel: Mrs. Harris says to Anne, “Is that ALL your own hair, Miss Shirley?” 😊

Ginny
        www.virginiacmccoy.com
        C & C Welcome

I would love to own The Hudson and have a head of hair like that guy’s cap!

Thanks, Ginny.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Rich

WoW! Good hunt! They are all winners! The first one is truly unique. I have never seen anything like that at one of our shows!

The red car is a beaut! I have seen one like it but don’t remember for sure, I think GM. Chevy, or Pontiac.

The Hudson is amazing. One of the members of our car club back in the 50’s had one. We always called it the bath tub. Turn it upside down and it looks like a tub.

Love the hair, takes guts to wear that!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
            Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Anonymous

Love these, Lorell – especially that red beauty.

Thanks for sharing these with us.

frodron

Today’s cars are too similar to each other especially the smaller ones.

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

Rich, Dave and Ron,
                    Thanks guys was your kind remarks.

Ron, although the cars I posted in these threads could be years apart, I do agree that cars these days look so similar. That was a good observation.

Rich, I never thought about the Hudson looking like a bathtub. I just love its curves and lines and in person, it is really large and long.

Dave, the RED car was really a brilliant red. They sure do a nice job of polishing those cars. The owners keep a MOP-TYPE thingy that they use periodically to softly whipe off the dust that accumulates on the hoods and trunks. It is a long stick with a very wide (About 6″ X 24″) and soft mop head.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.