Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, April 9, 2020

• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ams.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Don

Good morning all. Boy, the weather here is really strange this time of year. Today’s high is predicted 84F, tonight 59F while tomorrow the high is supposed to be about 66F and low of 43F tomorrow night. We welcome the cooler temps though because the ceiling fan in the bedroom went out and I have a starting capacitor ordered which I hope will get it turning again. If not, we will have to purchase a new one and I don’t look forward to installing it.

Hope all are staying safe and well.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
        Immortalized forever
        With silver and light"

Anonymous

We are expecting a heavy snowfall overnight and freezing temperatures. Our appliance issue is the circuit board in the fridge burnt out. Good thing we have more than 1 fridge. I won’t be attempting to fix that myself.

Anonymous

Hi guys, and those who follow.

Our SoCal weather continues to be gray and rainy. Not a bad thing.

I’ve hit a dry spell with recent photos. This one (taken yesterday) of an orange poppy in the front yard isn’t great, but it’s the best I have now…

The crop isn’t very good, but I wanted to leave the red-violet in there just because I think it contrasts well with the yellow-orange.

Everyone stay safe.

damar

High wind advisory here for us, but its sunny and cooler (73F)
                    Hope everyone is hanging in there.
                    We are not required to wear masks when we leave the house, so I only made one (it was supposed to be a project for health care workers but it was called off)
                    So yesterday, I put some fabrics together and machine quilted it on my floor frame.
                    No piecing of “patches” This is called a “whole cloth” quilt. But its a table size mat.
                    (I also made the churn-dash one behind it)

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                    Photos are ©2021

Good day to all of you.
                    Thanks for starting the daily, Don.
                    Every time I turn something on, I have a twinge of anxiety worrying that it won’t work or that there may be a leak, or something is going to go wrong and then what do we do? I keep knocking on wood so that I don’t jinx myself.

I got outside early this morning and caught more shots of the magnolia blossoms, this time with some raindrops attached to the petals. Hopefully I will be showcase the best photos in the Darkroom after I select a few that are worthy of sharing.

Dave, enjoyed your bright and colorful flower. The flower looks like it is glowing.

Patty, These are beautiful. I like the flower fabric and the color you picked for the back. Did you have that fabric on hand? You do nice work and it looks like you have mastered the final step of machine quilting, I like your swirls and curls.

Afternoon Grant. Do you have a kitchen in your basement too?

I just got done cutting my hair again. I told my husband that if this virus doesn’t get over soon, I may go bald. I keep cutting my hair. The sides are short but the back is long since it is hard to get at the back. So I am starting a new hair style. I noticed that my husband may need a hair cut soon. He’s not concerned, I have cut his hair many times in the past.

Since we are doing weather reports, the temps around here keep dropping after yesterday’s high in the upper 60’s . Right now it is haling with wind blowing it in sideways. So glad that I did all that yard work yesterday.

I took this yesterday. I din’t know where this little geode came from. But it was sparkling so pretty in the sunlight.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Here is what I am making for supper tonight. I found the recipe on Pinterest.

Cornbread Waffles with Chili. It sure looks good to me.
                    Photo compliments of Pinterest.
                    Serves 5

9 ingredients:

From the refrigerator:
                    2 Eggs, large

Canned Goods :
                    1 Your favorite chili (or your own home made chili)

Baking & Spices:
                    1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
                    1 tbsp Baking powder
                    1 1/4 cups Cornmeal, yellow
                    1 tsp Granulated sugar
                    1 tsp Salt

Oils & Vinegars:
                    3 tbsp Oil

Dairy:
                    2 cups Milk

Mix together dry ingredients, add eggs, oil and milk.
                    Mix well till blended then drop sufficient amount in your preheated waffle iron.

When waffle is done, place waffle on a plate, add your heated chili plus assortment of toppings like grated cheese, sour cream, chives, etc.

I will let you know this turns out unless you beat me to it, then you tell me!

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Lorell, The “What’s for supper?” thread needs your post on your Chile Waffle recipe!
                        You could move it Hint! Hint!

Here is a shot from 6 years ago, in Myanmar at a buddhist Temple. Before Social Distancing.

I took this yesterday. I din’t know where this little geode came from. But it was sparkling so pretty in the sunlight.

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/09-Apr-2020/214872-geode-1.jpg[/IMG]

What inclines you to call it a geode?

Looks more like quartz and pyrite nodule. Could be gold but probably most likely the stuff they call fools gold.

Grant, I did that on purpose because I did NOT take that photo. But later today I will be posting my photos that I just took moments ago. Good meal, very filling, easy to make and something different.

Grant, that is a sweet photo of the children. Love the smiles on their faces.

Lorell

Recipe Critique Update:

Well, by the time we finished eating the whole thing, we (DH and I) both agreed that it was good but wouldn’t make it again.

So, I hope that you weren’t planning to make it tonight after posting the recipe earlier in the day. It was almost too much cornbread per bite. Then the cornbread didn’t taste as good as the type you put in the oven that comes out with the soft sweet moist center.

Will be posting some photos though in the What’s For Supper Thread later on.

Hope I did not mislead you.
                        LORELL

What inclines you to call it a geode?

Looks more like quartz and pyrite nodule.

I don’t know what those other things are and I have seen the insides of geodes and they tend to have all those different colors and sparkle like this did.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.