WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2013, 06:48 AM
A Local Legend
Bavarian

Hails from Germany
Re: new Sennelier watercolor line

Weiß man welche Honigsorte verwendet wird?
Waldhonig, Blütenhonig, Sommerhonig, Winterhonig etc.
Ich liebe aromatischen Waldhonig und den Honigmund einer Frau.

You know what type of honey is being used?
Forest Honey, flower honey, summer honey, winter honey, etc.
I love aromatic forest honey and the honey mouth of a woman.

Ernst

Meine Seiten - My website ··· ernstg.blog.de/
Malen ist nicht alles im Leben - aber ohne Malen ist alles nichts!
Painting is not everything in life - but without painting everything is nothing!
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Irishman

Easy Ernst easy !!
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Port Townsend, WA

Hails from United States

LOL, Larry! I thought the same thing. I absolutely LOVE reading Ernst's posts, because the translator sometimes botches things up and completely mangles what I assume he means to say.

It's like my daily word puzzle fix to derive his meanings based on the context of what he is saying, but on this one I'm at a loss.

For the record, I'm not sure what honey Sennelier uses, but I have great luck with organic wildflower honey when I'm adjusting for W&N's botched formula. Letting their colors cure in a full pan with a single drop of honey has fixed the crumblies in their really bad ones. They cure hard like a Schminke and rewet well.

"It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it." ~Steven Wright
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Just be careful painting outside! I was using honey based watercolors once, I think they were Fragonard, and had lots of bees all over me, the paint, and the paper in no time! And I did not want to poison the bees with the paint pigments!
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:11 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Linda! That's happened to me with the M. Graham's!

Ernst... You did give me a chuckle!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Prairie City, Oregon.

Hails from United States

Yes, I knew they changed their line to a new formula when I posted which was why I contacted Bruce over a year ago to see if he would update handprint.com. I think he just lost interest.
I have been very tempted to try Sennelier pans but want more information as to how good their pigment load is. I hear some good reviews but only 3 of them put in any review at all. All 3 good though. I really want to try more than the sample I got.
Cobalt Violet Rose that was in the old Senneleir line was simply pigment PV14 (Cobalt violet) with a bit of zinc white in it. You can look at samples of this pigment in several brands and add a touch of white to lighten it to your taste.
Thanks for the feed back

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L. Schaefer
Hello, Renee! Sadly, when Sennelier changed their line, they dropped and/or many colors. I've found a substitute for the Mars Yellow color I loved, which they no longer carry. Another color they no longer carry is the Cobalt Violet Rose (haven't found a substitute for that one, and can't mix it either). Those are pretty well the only Sennelier colors I had. I really miss the Cobalt Violet Rose, but I'm thinking of selling my Mars Yellow.

Dick Blick is still the best source for pigment information on Sennelier, or you can e-mail Sennelier.

I know the feeling, I can't get to the art supplies stores, either. But, I'm thinking it may be a bit of a wasted trip because I can pretty well find all the information I need on line.

It's a bit sad when companies reformulate and one no longer has the "special" color.

Margarete

p.s. Handprint hasn't updated in eons, and the couple updates it had were not completely accurate. If you have a pigment number, you may be able to find it here by another manufacturer. Although many manufacturers' colors are different from one another, a quick Thread on Wet Canvas can get you good advice on their properties: http://www.artiscreation.com/Color%20of%20Art.html

http://reneeswatercolorworld.weebly.com/

Last edited by Renilou : 11-06-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: spelling
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2013, 08:52 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

I asked Bruce a few years ago a question and he said then he had settled on a brand of paint and had quit trying out new ones. I have tried the NEW formulation though and like them a lot, both in pans and in the tube. The colors are juicy and bright, they flow off your brush, the transparency very nice. I should add it to my list to make a color chart of them!