Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #549: July 12-20

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Rules for Hunting:
        * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Seasonal
        Slides
        Rolls
        Push
        Pull
        Quadrangle
        Three sided
        Elliptical
        View out a window
        Folds
        Hair/fur
        Soft
        Hard
        Wood
        Metal
        Glass
        Plastic
        Old
        New
        Outdoor
        Clothes
        Animal
        Vegetable
        Mineral
        Shadow
        Noisy

Challenges
        1. Draw the item, then use its shapes to create an abstract from life.
        2. Use a medium you like but do not use a lot.
        3. Draw same item in 2 or 3 mediums.
        (Combine 2 and 3: Draw in your favorite than do it again in medium you do not use a lot.)

Keep sketching/creating
        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Hi, thanks, Joe for the Hunt. Surely…. I’ll find something to sketch. Looks good for anywhere on the road. Smiling.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Eye

Thanks Joe for the new list !!!

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

moscatel

Thanks Joe for starting a new one. I might take the challenge no 1. I try to get back to drawing and this challenge as well.

eyepaint

Thanks for hosting!

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Bonus points for whoever draws a Rolls Royce?

Thanks for the list. I hope I can do something this weekend, I feel like sketching :)

Hi all, we are in New Mexico still in hotels. Won’t be at our house until tomorrow evening. Couldn’t get my iPad to to what I wanted so am on Gene’s computer.

I sketched on my iPad with the app Brushes.

#1 three sided – face of iron

jmfletch

Woot! Two days I we get the first post!

Jo – Conrats on bring first and also on a cool digi! Did you finally get a stylus? That does not look like you used your finger. Nice shading too.

Okay all you Hunters and Lurkers, jo broke the ice do come on in?

Keep sketching
                            Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

I have a 3 day weekend. Maybe I can do one more tomorrow :)

I spend some nice time at this little river today. This is ‘outdoor’. Watercolour with a little colour pencil touch ups.

jmfletch

Jeroen – You really captured the depth of field. Beautiful.

This is about a half sheet in 9×12 in sketchbook using HB, 2B in multiple size leads. Needs a bit of touch up but wanted to post.
                                    1 rolls – ball
                                    2 quadrangle – box
                                    3 elliptical – can
                                    4 three sided substitute- Cone

Keep sketching
                                    Joe

@joe nice shading. And an excellent exercise. Nice work :)

eyepaint

Jo – cool iron

Jeroen – aaaah such a lovely plein aire – way to go!

Joe – good job on all the different shapes.

Here are my sketches:

5×8″ ink around 30 minutes

1. seasonal (sunscreen)
                                            2. glass (drinking glass)
                                            3. wood (clothespeg)
                                            4. plastic (hair clip)
                                            5. metal (hair clip)
                                            6. old (pencil from local library celebrating 1865 – 1990)
                                            7. new (pencil)

And I also did the challenge – 5×8″ ink and coloured pencil using secondary colours

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:
                                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Awesome sketches: Jo, Joe, Jeroen, EP…

EP: Weldone for the challenge.

We went to the salon yesterday… while waiting for Lily’s haircut to finish, I sketched one customer in action…

#1 hair — ink

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Joe, I think I used both fingers and pencil. Your stately models are very well done, applause.

Jeroen, your outdoor Wc is. Lovely, nice place to be.

EP, wow love the sketches and the abstract. You are in sync.

Ai, great scene. You will have such great memories of the girls.

We visit family on our way and I drove a lot so no more sketching.

Eye

We went out to a cafe by small canal…so we all threw bread bits to feed fishes in the canal, as a part of Iris’s 13 years old b-day today.
                                                    This was done in direct watercolor style… about 40 min. on A4 size Deluxe Aquabee sketchbook

#2 wood — a chair
                                                    #3 outdoor — outside the cafe

Ai

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.