WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Garden of Memories of WC Members
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2018, 12:51 PM
NC

Hails from United States
Re: Paula Ann Ford has Passed Away

I am heartbroken to hear this. Paula was such a lovely person and artist. I "met" her through her website, where we communicated about our shared love and respect for the natural world, and I remember how encouraging and supportive she was when I was first starting out painting. She brought so much beauty to the world, and she will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace, Dear Paula.

www.tammykaufman.com
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2018, 06:23 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

This hurts deep. I live in Paula Ford country now, surrounded by the kinds of scenes she loved to paint. Trees and ponds and barns, distant soft old mountains climbing into the blue... it is so beautiful here. I had this hope that someday she'd be able to visit and we could paint outdoors together. It's never to be now.

I miss her more than I can say.

I have one of her small paintings in storage, one that I remember to the last stroke and studied so close to learn her techniques. It's stored like all the art I've collected, but I treasure it so much. I won't get to show her how it's framed on my studio wall once I get that built. There are so many things I wanted to tell her. There are so many things I wanted to share with her. She's gone and there's a gap in my life now.

I met her here on WC and she did some class or tutorial that I dropped in on, that's how I came to know her. Or I commented on some of her paintings first. It's hard to tell whether the class was my first time meeting her here. But she was always so encouraging and helpful, she reached out to everyone and we had some incredible threads going sometimes. I wanted to know her better, wanted to share my life with her offline too, and now she's gone.

Rest well, Paula. I love you still.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Last edited by robertsloan2 : 04-06-2018 at 06:26 PM.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Paradise CA

Hails from United States

So very sorry to hear of this, David. The world, and you, lost a treasure.
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Fort St. John, B.C.

Hails from Canada

This is very sad news David. I talked to Paula many times on the Pastel forum. She had a warm and generous presence there. The trees that she painted were always soft and beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

My Web Site
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2018, 04:59 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Thank you, David, for sharing your stories. Paula was my "Queen of Trees", too. She always shared and encouraged us. She will be missed. I learned a lot from her here on wc. Hugs to you and the family.
Winston Churchill
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2018, 10:56 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Sorry to hear. Paula was my friend when I started on Wet Canvas, always encouraging and willing to help. I always looked forward to her paintings she posted.....prayers for you David during this tough time....

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

It's been years since I participated in the Pastel forums, but I still remember the encouragement Paula gave me and so many others starting out on our art journeys. She was a wonderful artist - I can still see in my mind's eye a beautiful piece she did of misty blue mountains on a trip she took - and incredibly generous with her time in helping others. I'm sure her gentle presence will be deeply missed here in the forum. Rest in peace, Paula, and my prayers for her family.

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2018, 02:25 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Condolences on the loss of your wife David, she will be sadly missed.

Doug