Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Bruce- Oil Commission- Approved (x)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    kentiessen

Just finished this 12×16 oil commission of Bruce, and am happy with the result. More painterly work to come with work-from-life experience and trust.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
        Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

lllmacklll

Awesome work!!!

AnnieA

Obviously, I don’t know Bruce, but you appear to have captured a lot of personality in this portrait. Really nice, Ken!

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                [FONT=Palatino]
                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

kentiessen

lllmacklll– Thanks so much! Welcome to WetCanvas-

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

kentiessen

Thanks Annie! The likeness is the best I’ve got, and hope he will be pleased. Will keep you posted-

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

wal_t

Good work as always !! … guess that you left the blue color in the background near his left eye there on purpose ? Seeing them real life it may be very different but from the postings your oils and pastels look more and more alike. Walter

kentiessen

Thanks Walter– Yes: although not at all so pronounced in real life, I will soften that area- it’s a very grayed blue. There seems to be so many more subtle transitions possible with oils, and it’s a nice transition for me.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

MDerby

I like it. It has some character and tells a story. I agree with AnnieA that you captured some personality there.

The craft is an art in itself. http://www.mikederby.com

DMArtist7

Excellent colors and values it really is believable with a lot of his personality showing through.

Really breathtaking! I hope to see more works from you!

Cheers,
                                        Dm7

"Choose only one master – Nature." ~ Rembrandt

Dcam
                                            kentiessen

Thank you Mike– That is the goal! As I progress along with Oils, the portraits will become more painterly and faster (as my Pastel work is).

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

kentiessen

Thanks DmArtist7! It is a very subtle range of color that was manageable and larger than previous oil portraits I’ve done- all to the good.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

kentiessen

Hi Derek! He sees it next week and hope he feels the same. A relatively narrow range of color, and I was able to bring an interesting purply warm gray into the halftones at the temple and cheek-

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

I happen to know that you are already a MASTER portrait artist in pastel… and your oil portrait work is definitely of the same caliber. :)

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                                                        Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

kentiessen

Hi Jessica– Thank you- There is much I want to accomplish, and I really appreciate your kind encouragements.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.