WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:56 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: Grillin'

Sno...Thank You MRI today Probably wont be told anything though until Tuesday. I'm on a "No Assault/combative risk" restriction. Not good. Not that I enjoy being in those situations...It means that I might be moved to second shift and put behind a desk...which means I'll only see my little one in the mornings before she heads off to school
The orange thingy is a BD Micro Sharp and I did a quick ebay search and found one listing for a package of 10 for $20. To be honest, they dull so fast, I'm not sure they are worth paying that much. I was lucky enough to get them at a much more reduced price The scratches are insanely small though.

Terry...Thanks I LOVE the old chrome laden cars of the yesteryears I really don't know what model or make this one is though. It looked like it had European plates on the ref pic.

Maxime... SMALL???? It's 10 inches Man!!!! That's a MONSTER board for me!!! And BTW.....Yes....Yes I am MAD and that's OK... Thanks for the way to kind words

Pamela... You put a smile on my face from ear to ear to ear...yes...three ears....it's an alien thing Thank you for the wonderful comments Little Lady...Ya know...that full time Artist thing would be cool...but this alien hasn't paid off it's home base and still needs a steady supply of burritos and Captain...and just imagine the cost of heathcare...just to get my ears checked it cost me triple

Jenna...Thank you I just hope I can get it finished and still look ok!

Diane...That grill is what caught my eye I wish I could have done a better job on it...but then I'd be really Crazy....and we already have Matthew afflicted with Chromium Craziness

#32   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Matthew...We cross posted. My hats off to your Sis...She doesnt get the respect and the pay she deserves.
Thanks Buddy! For the kind words and the Inspiration!:thumbsu p:

#33   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Santa Clarita, California

Hails from United States

Excuse me, Allan.

I need an update, please. :-)
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Lord of the Arts
Long Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Geez Allan take care of yourself. Things are getting too rough at work.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2012, 07:00 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Not too shabby!! (Translation - freakishly brilliant!!!)
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Lord of the Arts
Central PA

Hails from United States

This will be show stopper Allan. The crowd will be awestruck. Can't wait to hear you verify that those statements were true when you take it to a show and update us. Maybe it will be Vancouver. And can't wait for an update.....
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofnature
So, is there anything you can't do!

Like I said about Rodman...Yeah, but can he bake a cherry pie?
There's something else he can't do (yet) but he knows and I won't say

Honestly my friend - this is not only grillin', but it's rockin'!
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Hector...He he he...Ok...sorry to keep ya waiting

Angela...It has been crazy lately...must be the change in the weather I'm doin' Ok now. MRI stated no changes since 2009 after the fusion. Just a lot of swelling and that caused some pinched nerves and muscular damage. No biggy....THANK GOODNESS! I'm back at wrasslin' and tyin' em down

Patrick...Thanks Buddy....now to finish it without muckin' up the works!

Lynn...It's a small piece so not much of a show stopper...but Thank You so Kindly, ya put a big on my face.

Terri...I might not be able to bake a cherry pie....but I sure know what to do with one after its made Thank You Sweetheart! Ya make me feel so dang good inside

Here's what I have at 70ish hours....more to do with the grill, then a lot of work on the hood. Man....Matthew, I don't see how ya do this ALL THE TIME!!!!

As always...Thanks for gawkin'

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Loveland, Colorado

Hails from United States

Allan, had to put my shades on for the shine. Great job!!!
Rich

c&c always welcome
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Enthusiast
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

What's taking you so long, huh?
Seriously - health news friend?
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM
A Local Legend
Martha's Vineyard, MA

Hails from United States

I agree with Rich. The brightness is awesome and quite an achievement.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Enthusiast
Somewhere on Lake Simcoe

Hails from Canada

Way too cool, Allan!! It is easy to see how much time it would have taken to show the identical repeated reflections on the grill. Awesome work!!
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Rich...Thanks I showed the Owner of where I get my giclees made and he wants to try something different when I finish this...It ought to be interesting...I'll update that part later

Terri...I'm beginning to think this board is cursed!!!! Every time I take it to work with me, I end up getting combative intoxicated/suicidal patients...when I don't take it with me...I sit in silence for hours on end
and to make matters even more fun...I've caught a head cold that is doing it's best to keep me in bed. Man....Is winter over yet? Wait....It hasn't Officially even began! Other than those small hiccups...I'm doin' ok.

Harry...Keeping that brightness as I scratch is quite a challenge. I have to keep going back and cleaning the white spots as I work. It's hopefully going to be worth the extra time and of course thank you for the kind words

Brett...Thanks Man! That grill and I have been fighting the entire time...A love hate relationship...I hate it now...but hopefully at the finish line, I'll love it...HOPEFULLY! Good to see ya again

#44   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Allan, glad the MRI showed no changes, but just for the fun of it, you might be extra careful in future.
Your chrome is looking ever so fine.

I pressed the space bar but I'm still on earth!
My work on Facebook
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Allan, This is just amazing. Holy cow WOW!!

"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
Willie Wonka - derived from William Shakespeare