I am curious as to how large some of you work and your preparation process. Feel free to respond to any that apply.
- What is the largest attached panel mural that you have done?
- What was your support surface for the attached panel mural?
- What did you use to secure the panels to the wall?
- Did you paint it in the studio or in place?
- What is your largest canvas based mural and how did you attach it to the wall?
- Was the canvas stretched or mounted on a panel?
- How about one painted directly on the wall?
- What did you do to prep the wall?
The largest painting I have done so far was a 36x48 encaustic on Baltic Birch panel. I have never done a mural but I am planning an 4x16 foot landscape orientation that will be done in oils on two 4x8 foot sheets of ACM panel butted together with the joint line visible. I haven't decided yet how to attach them to the wall but most likely epoxied standoffs on the back of the panels with keyed slots for screws that will be in studs on the wall, no frame, the panel will float about 3/4 of an inch off the wall surface. This will be a 2 year project painted in the studio.