Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Derwent Procolour

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    XpP

Does anyone have any info about these pencils? Derwent announced in Creativeworld their new colored pencils line:

Visitors to the Derwent stand have been greeted with the launch of a new coloured pencil collection in its professional range. Derwent Procolour was developed by the Derwent research and development team with close cooperation and feedback from artists. The range boasts a unique coloured core which is smooth but strong, giving the artist control, a smooth laydown, 72 vivid high pigment colours and easy to blend techniques.

Judging from the number of pencils in line (72) and the fact that they call it Professional line, makes me to believe that they might replace Coloursoft with these new line. As some of you may know I really liked Coloursoft. If the new Procolour is an improvement they will be welcomed.

Good that you have offered yourself to make a review soon to us then… right? :P

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

XpP

Good that you have offered yourself to make a review soon to us then… right? :P

:):):)

Unfortunately, I don’t see this happening anytime soon. Until I use up all the pencils I already have I can’t see my self spending money on a new line (unless it’s something revolutionizing). Times like these make me wish I had a popular youtube channel so that companies would send me their products to review for free :).

If you start one now I can give you one like to help it look famous… you just need another 9999 other dudes to do the same.. almost there…

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

ManedWolf

Mrf. Yet another 72 set to buy. Got to get up and go…

https://kugukl.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/84007bdfc71da5a9cf63c0e23a30c8e0-d3gwf9f.jpg

Heikki

PermieW

I love their inktense. Those are the only derwents I have (except some very old graphite sets). I hope someone does a review on these.

vhere

oh if these are the ones that they sent me a few to test some months back they were gorgeous! really rich. I do hope so. Must ask.

vanity

These sure do seem interesting… Could it be Derwent’s response to Luminance ?

https://www.instagram.com/clay_and_ink/
                            https://www.deviantart.com/whitewillows
                            Formerly vanity

vhere

I would say so, yes Agata

katwalk

Maybe, but my guess is that these have been in the works for a while and are really replacement pencils for their Signature line which they stopped making several years ago because of poor sales, the Signature pencils were/are too hard for most artists to like using and some are fairly scratchy, that said they are probably just as color fast as the Luminance pencils maybe even more so. Between the hardness and the cost (they were expensive compared to other brands, at that time) they just didn’t find a market. Since Luminance pencils seem to be selling OK Derwent must have realize the problem wasn’t the cost but the hardness of the leads and have been at work reformulating the pencils. Just a guess on my part of course, since Derwent doesn’t seem to be giving us a lot of information at this point about the new line.

Anyone have any clue when they will actually be on sale?

vhere

It was about a year ago they sent me some to try so yes, the development stage of any new product is long. I was part of the development testing of Artbars through many adjustments for nearly a year – and they had obviously started in the lab before that. I loved the richness of these new ones and asked if they were oil based but they said no, still wax based.

ocmd123

If you start one now I can give you one like to help it look famous… you just need another 9999 other dudes to do the same.. almost there…

:lol::lol:

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                            Instagram

Save

XpP

:lol::lol:

Does this mean I have your vote too? If so, then I am only 9998 subscribers short :D.

Geoff

Hi there,

If you go to the UK coloured pencil society website, the sectretary, I think, works in the Derwent Pencil museum, and should know about new products. I think her name is Barbara Edwards.

Www.facebook.com/geofffielding

HarvestMoon

My buddy Doug M says these are to be released this July, not sure when they will hit the USA. 72 colors at least is a decent amount. Hope they compare to Faber-Castell and Caran d’Ache’s top pencils, but to do that not only do they need to be excellent but have a matching water-soluble line. I love how innovative a Derwent is, like with Inktense and colored graphite.

Harvest Moon 🐐

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.