Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Challenge #53, Wee Critters, July 1-14, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author

WC Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge (PLEASE no critiques)

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination. Please read the guidelines before posting.

So many times we take a photo of a flower, a limb of a tree, a puddle, etc., and discover that when we upload our images to our computer we discover that a “wee critter” has photo bombed our image. So, this challenge makes the wee critters the stars of our composition. Whether you captured a bee, ant, spider, inchworm, …. accidently or intentionally, let’s see some bugs. Before venturing out, don’t forget the insect repellant. Oh by the way, extra points will be given for fireflies!

Topic :Wee Critters

This topic will end: July 14, 2018

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause.
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

I have been enjoying the fireflies this summer!

maryinasia

spotted a couple of weeks ago

maryinasia

Mary,
                Fabulous start to this challenge.
                Oh, I so love the one with the butterfly in it. It inspires a children’s book.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

I tried to get photos of the fireflies, but forgot the insect repellent. I could have gotten a photo of a mosquito on my arm if I had thought of it.

maryinasia

donovansbrain

Love the swallowtail. :)

This isn’t the best insect shot but I was attempting to focus on the water drops on the butterfly’s back. It was a hot summers day and the butterfly appeared to be collecting water droplets from the garden sprinkler and storing them on its back.
                            Oh and it is a dainty swallowtail.

Carrying water droplets on its back…very interesting and astute of you. I am not sure that you will ever see that again.

Mary, it is funny how each ant is on the same position on its own bulb (?).

I grabbed my camera tonight and headed out to a nearby park where they have a nice garden in their nature center. I was in pursuit of wee critters. I took all of my photos using my 90mm lens and a tripod. It was nice that I was the only one there in the gardens, just me and the bugs.

Same ant, different view point.

donovansbrain

And me an arachnophobe X10. :clear:

donovansbrain

Love the ant shots. :)

donovansbrain

In Langtry, Texas.

donovansbrain

I believe I posted this one before. Saw it while eating outside.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.