Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Happy Red Panda – In the beginning. WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bekkie13

Good Day

I started a new drawing on an animal I never drawn before and would like to know if I’m on the right path so far? And would like to know if others also find it difficult to leave white areas, like whiskers, where needed? Always a challenge for me :)

Thank you

Yes, and Yes!
        Your line work is very good and leaving those white whiskers has worked very well – leaving negative spaces is always a challenge (in any medium!)

I’ll add WIP to your title and hopefully you’ll keep adding updates as you progress – lots of work in this!:)

Oh, and when posting, could you please add some info about paper/board, pen, ink and size? Thanks.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Looking good! In fact, looking very good.
        John

Bekkie13

Thank you for the comments and help.

Sorry, I mostly seem to forget about the drawing info :) It’s on a normal A4 (8.3×11.7 inches) paper and I draw with ballpoint pen

Got a little further with the drawing over the weekend :D

Beautiful update – I’m amazed what you can do with a ballpoint – with me the result would a sketch mess!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Bekkie13

Thank you, Much appreciated. Haha, sure you’ll do good Maureen :)

Bekkie13

Good Day

I’ve finished the bottom area of my Red Panda. Shouldn’t be too long before I have it completed :) Most of the hard work is done

That dark fur certainly pushes his face forward – I’ll keep my distance!!!;);)

Cheers, Maureen

Bluegill

This is looking great!

On Instagram and Facebook as Marktablerart
                        http://marktablerart.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.marktablerart.com/

Boafamily

This is coming out fantastic.

Bekkie13

Thank you all for the positive comments :)

Taking longer than I expected, but here is how far I’m now with my drawing

A labour of love and well worth the time and effort.
                                John

Fantastic!

Christel

I really love this little creature (or, should say, the drawing!!!)

Cheers, Maureen

this is wonderful watching it spring forth from the paper…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.