WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting > The Technical Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2017, 12:12 PM

Re: how do you store your paint tubes?

Great posts! I love them all! Take your pick on mine... the Acrylics organizer was engineered by me with wood pieces, nails and a hammer... And the Oil tubes are hanging from a clip that is also hanging from thumb tags on a cork board that is attached to wooden door panel for support. I also have the drawer filing system, but being that I am a visual person, I had a hard time deciding which paint to use... I also have my oil paints labeled with a round dot where I smeared the actual paint and also a tint version of the same paint... It helps me compare from one to the other...

Last edited by ICC : 01-27-2017 at 01:08 PM.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2017, 01:19 PM

My daughter keeps borrowing my paints and she calls the filing system "the library"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICC
Great posts! I love them all! Take your pick on mine... the Acrylics organizer was engineered by me with wood pieces, nails and a hammer... And the Oil tubes are hanging from a clip that is also hanging from thumb tags on a cork board that is attached to wooden door panel for support. I also have the drawer filing system, but being that I am a visual person, I had a hard time deciding which paint to use... I also have my oil paints labeled with a round dot where I smeared the actual paint and also a tint version of the same paint... It helps me compare from one to the other...
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 PM
SW Colorado

Hails from United States

I use plastic ammo cans which have rubber sealed lock down lids. I keep one for about 5 colors and a miscellaneous one. Blacks & browns in one with whites. Green one. And one for Red & Orange. One for Yellows. One for Blues.

Then I have an empty one or two to carry the tubes that I will use for the day. I re-separate them and put them back in their color boxes when finished. Not perfect but works for me. I just have too many tubes.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States

Here is how I currently do things. My studio is my own little world. I surround myself with all my supplies. My paints are in the little dresser/nightstand on the bottom right of the photo. They aren't organized in any special way, but its an organized chaos and I always know where what I need is. You can't see it in the photo, but on the left of the photo is my shadow box that I use to paint my still lifes from. Also, if you take a right from the chair I have a big dresser with a cupboard in it where I store all my mediums, oils and solvents. It is tight for space, but it works for me I like to sit when I paint in here so, you can hardly see it, but my pallet is on a table to the right of my chair. I normally always use the same pallet so I never have trouble deciding what colors to use, and I find it helpful to always put all my colors out, even if I'm not going to use them all.
Attached Images

#65   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Melbourne, Australia.

Hails from Australia

Does it matter if I keep my paint in the garage?
It gets quite hot in there in summer.
Or do all paints need to be stored in the house at room temperature?

EDIT*** sorry I found this thread in Google and didn't realise it is in the oil section. I use acrylic.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 02:35 PM

Hails from United States

I don't store them. They are out all the time on one of these.

Name:  gg.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  13.9 KB
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM1
I don't store them. They are out all the time on one of these.

Attachment 854574

I like that! Where did you get it?
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 04:34 PM

Hails from United States

I purchased them through Amazon. You can google "artist taboret".
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM1
I purchased them through Amazon. You can google "artist taboret".

Great - thanks! Should hold up well. I know artist friends that also use commercial grade food service carts - similar to this but with a handle. They are plastic but, thick plastic and should last a lifetime.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 05:55 PM

Hails from United States

These are made of metal and when you assemble one, you can decide whether the selves face up or down depending on your needs.