Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Studio Semi-Abstract Landscape in OP xpost Abstract forum

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SnapV

Here is a quick little landscape I did to play a bit with my oil pastels as it had been a while I had used them and I still consider it a difficult media to work with (moreso than my Neocolor crayons or my colored pencils).

Not certain if this could actually be called abstract as I really don’t know much about art theory but it certainly is not realistic :P

It’s done with mostly Mungyo Gallery Soft Oil Pastels with some Sennelier and Caran d’Ache (was testing them as I have gotten a few of each to compare) on Sennelier Oil Pastel Card 12×16 inches.

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

talinka

I like it. Reminds me a bit of Van Gogh

Tali

Lovely stylistic landscape, Virginie. I like your choice of colors.

Christel

terriks

Hi, Virginie! I love your bright, bold landscape. The colors are fun, and I agree that the outlines are van Gogh-like in style. It’s a style I like very much.

You’re right to say it’s not an abstract painting, as your subject is identifiable. Realism is overrated, I say. ;)

Nice work!

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

SnapV

Thank you for the nice comments Tali, Christel and Terri :) I really had fun doing it.

Virginie

Rich A

nice bold and bright colors. I like the style. It is Van gogh-ish

SnapV

Thank you Rich!

Virginie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.