Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Hi I’m new here

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jkal

Hi, I’m new to the website. Im trying to get myself drawing again and would love a couple new sets of eyes and some critique. Im working on this piece currently. Im not super comfortable with color theory so if anyone has any suggestions on kind of balancing this out. I wanted a little exaggerated color in it, and like his face ok so far but don’t know what other colors I should try to layer on his back to make it look quite right. Thank you!

ocmd123

Welcome to the forum! I love the perspective of this guy! I like the colors you’re using in the fur. I like using purples with browns. And you’ve done some of that. Honestly, I think his back could use a few more of the browns to warm it up a bit.

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
            Instagram

Save

Wassie

I think you’re doing great so far. I love all the colors. I would like to see a reference photo.

brissie

Lovely drawing but hard to say what to use on body area is it dark or light like the face…

Pingpongfan

Beautiful so far.
                        Vena

Jon

Looking good so far.
                            Welcome to the community.
                            FYI
                            * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
                            * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
                            * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.

Jkal

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I think worked the colors a little better and might set it down for a little and come back to him later. So this is what I have for now and the picture I worked from

MaryFlora

Welcome!

Beautiful and the eyes are so expressive. Your colors certainly add to his portrait.

He is wonderful.

Mary Flora

Pingpongfan

You hsve made a so so pic into a beautiful work of art. It glows! Love it. Love the colours you have used.
                                        Vena

KarenESP
                                          Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.