Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel……September 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE September 2019…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!
        :wave:

For a more complete critique post in the main forum

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
            Bob Dylan.

TomMather

Working on a self portrait and a large landscape from Canyon de Chelly in Arizona.

!becca

Mike, Tom…nice starts for Sept…

Haven’t been to WOYE for a while…have a new series..”Tu me Manques” today painted the fifth of that series…”Fade”..is 48×24 inches on linen…

[ATTACH]868038[/ATTACH]

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
                    Becca's Fine Art

jkchatham

Back to my easel after a long hiatus… picked up this unfinished work and got serious (to the best of my limited ability) on the architectural details. Lots of work to go, but I am energized!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Janine

!becca

I have told myself over and over not to photo my paintings for at least a week after painting….the colours and values just don’t work out well otherwise, anyway, here is one a day later, and without editing…of course the lighting is low to eliminate glare, but good quality lighting…and this is maybe more representative…

[ATTACH]868058[/ATTACH]

Becca's Fine Art

!becca

JK…interesting…will be glad to see it develop further

Becca's Fine Art

!becca

Generally I make it a point not to ge back to a painting once I put down my brushes but a couple recently have demanded it…including this one, the original version just didn’t capture my vision…

[ATTACH]868086[/ATTACH]

Becca's Fine Art

!becca

Another rework, had considered the elements when I painted this initially but didn’t add them, are there now…Infinity, 48×24

[ATTACH]868090[/ATTACH]

Becca's Fine Art

KEVIN$

I have this one sitting on the easel staring back at me. Still a long ways to go but coming along..

The eye of the wave doesn’t have the pop I want so I may try a different tone or different color altogether.

ks

Kevin Slaby
                                            2002 Mustang - 902hp but BROKE at 953hp
                                            http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm

jkchatham

Kevin – I think your water, including the waves and foam, is excellent!

jkchatham

Becca – both paintings are evocative, and I really appreciate your handling of the color!

!becca

jk…thank you. I like laying down colour…

Becca's Fine Art

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                                            Bob Dylan.

!becca

From this morning…Forever, 40×30 inches, oil on linen.

[ATTACH]868161[/ATTACH]

Becca's Fine Art

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.