Home Forums Explore Media Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux Big question, retailstore outdoorpaint VS artist paint

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TristanLeo

Dear Murals Painters.
        Concerning a big commission piece, painting a big mural on plywood.

I don´t have any experience when it comes too painting big murals, so I turned to friends, retail stores and art stores for help or recommandation. But few have experiences with painting murals on plywood thats outside. The big question seems to be, to prime with acrylic or oil? What last the longest? Is Artist paint better then retail store paint when it comes to priming murals?

My plan was to prime with acrylic paint than painting my motive with artist oil painting. Oil is what Im used to. Do any have experience with painting motives with artist oil on Murals outside? Also considering varnish.

La_

i’ve had good long term success using good one side plywood with water based primer and using acrylic house paints for the mural itself… be sure to prime Everywhere, including mounting holes, sides, back.
            also, sketch your mural, chalk works well, or charcoal, place everything before you paint, to make sure your plan fits nicely.

la

La_

what’s the content of this mural?

la

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.