WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Works Lobby
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#676   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States
Re: Group Bonding: Tell Me 5 Things about You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crec
Hi Gaffette,

I'm between Doylestown and Allentown. Basically north of you. I do my glass work in Bethlehem.

Carlos

I kind of figured that was where you were blowing. I saw your post in the showcase and did the math as they say. The blowing world is small out here in PA. I wouldn't be surprised if we knew a bunch of the same people.
  #677   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Well, here goes:

1. I haven't melted glass since 2006 when I was 3sistersbeads here. I just recently got my mojo back, and I have to say it's crazy!

2. I just got a new pug puppy named Lester Ann. He's a feisty little guy and he'll be a therapy dog when he's full grown.

3. I moved back home to RI after 19 years in FL and live in an old farmhouse with no heat with my 30 chickens! Lotsa eggs! (actually, I'm keeping warm at my parents' house since they're in FL for the winter. I've got Lester Ann and Calvin, THEIR 13 yo pug, to keep me company. That and a bazillion cable stations.) Woo!

4. I just joined up with a blues band as their lead vocalist and, tomorrow, we have our first outing as a band. I confess to being a bit anxious about it all. At 52, I thought I had missed my window to be a "rock star," but it looks like "better late than never" is a better statement.

5. I love melting glass but get major anxiety when I have to make something with it. Therefore, I'm going to let my buyers do the making. You have no idea how much better I feel.

Be blessed everyone!
  #678   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2012, 03:18 AM

Hmmm...ok...

1. I only within the last year started playing with glass.

2. I break a lot of things.

2.5. It's on purpose.

3. I love me some corn. Probably something to do with living in Indiana! lol

4. I'm married to a beautiful lady for almost 2 years.

5. I dabble in *many* other art forms other than my Shattered Art!
  #679   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 PM

I have been lampworking for over 5 hours and have never gotten tired of it yet!

I am a single 62 yo male in Santa Fe, NM, moving to Veracruz, Mexico in two weeks to set up my art studio and home, with my Golden Retriever and Min Aussie.

Hobbies are jewelry, photography, ceramics, and now lampworking.

Retired software developer, father of 17 year old princess.

Howdy all!

John, soon to be Juan
  #680   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Superior, Montana

Hails from United States

Ok lets see, I now live in rural Montana

I have been doing some sort of glass for 10 years but new today to this site.

I have husband 2 grown boys and 1 Boston Terrier

I am a full time Court Clerk

I am always driven to try or think of or complete another glass project
  #681   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 AM

My turn!
1. I am a snow bird who flies from Boone, NC to Ft. Pierce, FL and back again. I LOVE my mountains! I tolerate FL. I know a lot of you would trade places with me in a heart beat but I'm originally from Louisiana and moved to mountains to get away from the heat.

2. I was married for 25 years to a man I loved for over 20 of those years until he changed abruptly and bi-polar set it on me. I did crazy things (only one of which was divorcing him and moving to the mountains). There I met the man of my dreams who treats me and loves me like no other man or person ever has.

3. God has blessed me in so many ways. When I was in college I chose my major based on how little math I had to take.....ended up graduating as an art educator and I loved it from the first day. I eventually ended up getting my National Board Certification in Early Adolescent/ Young Adult Art Education. Since marrying my husband, I've retired and miss teaching very much. I compensate by teaching people of all ages to make glass beads.

4. I used to smoke pot and wish I still were, but I promised my husband I wouldn't. Now I smoke cigarettes and cough a lot.

5. I have two wonderful children that I marvel at since they are so much smarter than me and are almost finished with college. One has a full scholarship and plans to be an accountant (math?) I smoked pot thru both pregnancies.

Secrets that a lot of my friends don't know.
  #682   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM
New Jersey

Hails from United States

i live in nj

married 25 years

business owner

italian descent

love food
  #683   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Trumansberg NY.

Hails from United States

1. I was retired early by a work place accident at age 60. Which created some problems. Those problems aside i said something early in my life that applies now " All i want to do is art 24/7 life would be good" that is true
2. I live in Ithaca NY. an abundance of art, waterfalls, wine and education
3. my art education, lived in artist collectives and comunes in the 60's went to a 2 year college for art and theater go kicked out for offensive art, now at age 60 i thought about returning to college for art. looks like that might not happen.
4. filler space can't think of any thing to say.
5. LIFE CHANGES. I never thought i would be addicted to heroin at age 55. i was... clean for 7 years... thanks SMART RECOVERY www.smartrecovery.org you never can predict the future. you can't change the past. " LIFE IS ART, ART IS LIFE, CREATE SOME "
  #684   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2014, 04:24 PM

1. Born & raised in California, but transplanted myself to Juneau Alaska 16 years ago.
2. I am a craft fanatic - it would be easier to list what I don't know how to make.
3. Happily married for 23 years to the best man ever! We have a 16 year old daughter and an 11 year old son that make life worth living.
4. I love all creatures great & small.
5. I long to travel throughout Europe and the UK...
  #685   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Calgary, AB, Canada

Hails from Canada

1. I'm pretty shy, so I lurk lots and post very little.

2. I am Canadian. Have loved here most of my life, but also lived in Libya and Greece growing up.

3. I have been a part of WetCanvas for a few years, but recently came back when I found out there was an area for glass art - my latest creative fascination!

4. I am an online teacher with students in more than 30 countries around the world.

5. I just got back from my family reunion - 250 family members and we all had a blast!
  #686   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

Hi,
Here's five things about me:
1. I have been on wetcanvas for a while, but generally in the painting forums.
2. I am a teacher and have some serious ADD, so I love to do a lot of forms of art!!!
3. I paint badly, metalsmith poorly, make OK pottery, am learning glass fusing, and just started making beads. I love using a flame!!!
4. I am in wonder at the talent of people who are really good at their art.
5. I have a tolerant and loving husband, three great young adult kids, four rescue dogs, a cat, two birds and chickens. I ran a dog rescue for 7 years and it burnt me out big time, so now I do art to heal.

And that's my story in a nutshell!!
Nancy
  #687   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2016, 09:34 PM

Hails from United States

Been a WetCanvas member for many years, used to play in the Digital Photography forum with Photoshop ... years ago.

1. I'm an expatriate South African, of the Dutch variety. I still can speak Afrikaans even though i left in 1987. I love California, where I now live. Have also lived in Oregon, for 12 years.
2. No art training but dabble in acrylic painting, pottery (especially raku), jewelry-making with metal clay, and glass fusing. I'd say about intermediate skills in glass fusing and slumping, but usually biting off more than I can chew because i love to experiment. That's how I like to learn ... but I do research stuff thoroughly, too ...
3. I live on acreage and my hubby and i moved here 2 years ago, still planting trees and creating landscaping ... hard, hard work at 71 ... but i love gardening, and growing things from seed.
4. I write poetry and have had some of it published.
5. I was a teacher of high school business courses in South Africa but here in the U.S. I worked as an executive secretary. Retirement is a wonderful time to indulge oneself's artistic and creative inclinations :-)
tata for now!
  #688   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Rockford, MI

Hails from United States

Few things about myself:
1. Love crafting... I find myself doing the most delicate and detailed projects.
2. Blended a family about 4 years ago, I have now a total of 5 kids and 4 grandsons. Love it
3. Newest project was a raised garden for veggies. Love going to the garden and eating the green beans and peas right out of the garden.
4. Finishing my BA in Business Administration. Wow
5. Live in small town Greenville, MI in a beautiful 1904 Victorian home that we gutted and rebuilt. Painted it 5 different colors to keep in the term of the era.