WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Reference Image Library Requests and Support
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member
Baldwinsville, New York (upstate)

Hails from United States
Thumbnail photos

I don't understand why people, who do not want their photos used by the artists and just feel like showcasing their photos, constantly put them in the reference library. If they do not want to have their photos used then may be they should just skip it. I have downloaded many photos that I would like to use in my paintings, and after spending hours going thru them, I then have to spend more hours deleting them. They are totaly useless!!!!!!
Please remind people that they can not put thumbnail photos on the reference library. It defeats the purpose, takes artists valuable time and wastes alot of time on your part to dowload them to the appropriate site.
Let us all stop wasting our time.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Thumbnail photos

Surely you din't need to download a Reference Image Library photo to assess its value?

Ifvyou click on the larger photo below the thumbnail younwill be presented with the largest image size uploaded.

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Ah! Not sure exactly what your complaint is. A thumbnail is how the RIL program stores the image. It has nothing to do with the way members are uploading into the RIL. The program automatically resizes for thumbnails that allows the savvy member to quickly screen up to 92 images on one page. As Yorky suggested, click on the thumbnail so you get a larger picture, then download that if you like it. My conclusion is that only your time has been wasted because you did not know how to access the library properly.
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member
Baldwinsville, New York (upstate)

Hails from United States

I will try that but when I am viewing them, they do not appear as thumb nail size. It is after the fact that I discover that they are. That was my complaint. However from now on I will enlarge every photo I would like to paint and see what happens. I still don't understand why some are thumb nail size and others are not.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

If you click on a thumbnail from the catalogue page, you should get the small size of the image (not a thumbnail version), and then usually a click on that image brings up the largest size available.
Right click the image and choose 'Save image as...' and you should have downloaded the best image the member provided.

I cannot understand at all how you are downloading thumbnails - it is not an error any of us have come across before.

If it happens again, please detail for us exactly what you are doing and what happens at each stage and we'll see if we can help.
If you can provide a link to the disrupted page, that should help too.

If you, for example, to this page showing the gallery of bears, they should all appear as t/nails and, as Carol says, you can alter your viewing to up to 90 images per page.

NB - Now, if you have increased the number per page to view, there was a period where some of the images appeared in a larger size and upset the page! At present, all is well and I have tested each option of that Gallery.
Even so, still clicking on the "larger" "t'nail" should have taken you to the correct image, and thus to a larger size.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**