Home Forums Explore Media Photography Digital Manipulation Discussions Round and Round They Go

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I took a photo of this simple art piece on the side of a house while enjoying a morning walk in Florida. When I returned and opened it up in the computer, the image didn’t do much for me except for the nice colors.

Using computer software and the radial blur, I gave it a twist, boosted the saturation, adjusted the tonal curve and rotated the canvas to produce something that I thought was a wee bit more interesting and eye catching. It was easier to do this using photo software than ” in camera” and that is why it is posted in the DM forum.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Irishwhistler

I took a photo of this simple art piece on the side of a house while enjoying a morning walk in Florida. When I returned and opened it up in the computer, the image didn’t do much for me except for the nice colors.

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Mar-2018/214872-round_and_round_they_go,_original-1.jpg[/IMG]

Using computer software and the radial blur, I gave it a twist, boosted the saturation, adjusted the tonal curve and rotated the canvas to produce something that I thought was a wee bit more interesting and eye catching. It was easier to do this using photo software than ” in camera” and that is why it is posted in the DM forum.

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Mar-2018/214872-round_and_round_they_go,_2-1.jpg[/IMG]

Lorell,
        Your DM enhancement if far more interesting than the original piece. Nice work.

Mike 🍀

Anonymous

I think the original isn’t bad in itself, but I really like your tweaked version. Creative concept that you implemented so well.

Mike and Dave,
            Thank you both. This was fun to do with such a simple image.
            I was thinking of opening this up to others to see what they might come up with but didn’t think the original had that much to offer. I shall have to look for another image to submit. We need to get the DM forum moving a little, especially since we have so many tools handy to enhance or manip images. Things sure have changed since I started working with PhotoShop 7!

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

Love the movement

Dreamin

Interesting manip, Lorell….much more interesting than the original……….

Natalie

Rich

Well done except…. “gulp”…causing vertigo! Kidding!:evil: :angel:

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                        Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                        Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

golden_eagle

Super Cool! I’d love to see your neighbor’s response to your rendition. Well done.

[FONT=Georgia]
                            Earlene
                          Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.