I thought I'd show how I decided to frame this little guy. Initially, I wanted a solid black board to mount it on. I took a 5 x 7 Ampersand gessobord and painted it with black ink, but couldn't get a smooth, solid coat. I tried steel wool on the inked board to fix some of the splotches, but it still didn't work. That's when I decided it was time to invest in an airbrush! But before I even fired up the airbrush, I realized a solid black background wasn't going to work - the left side of the scratchboard got lost when I put it on a piece of black mat as a visual. So I really hit the gessobord with steel wool to give it the look you see here and I'm happy with the result! It's sort of a wood grain appearance and it works well against both the black and white sides of the drawing.