WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Upper Bavaria / Germany

Hails from Germany
Re: Inspired by Tommy - Little girl on black paper (WIP)

Still watching in awe... i like to see how this takes shape and as i said in the beginning, it is going to be fantastic.

Morgana

"What i am and do is due to the state of my mental development,
what others think of me is due to the state of their mental developement!"
Dieter Zeiner
My Website - Reference Image Library - My Photos - My blog
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

I like the painterly feel to it too Amira. Try not to get too tight with the hair. Understanding the structure of it is far more important than making the hair pretty. You're doing a good job of it so far.

For reason to tolerate those who refuse to play by the rules of reason is nothing else but the suicide of reason. ~ Lee Harris
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast
Switzerland - you know: Mountains, cows, swiss cheese... AND SWISS CHOCOLATE !

Hails from Switzerland

- I just looked at the portrait and realised I've been a bit too liberal with adjusting the photo... it's NOT that saturated / glowing / pink in rl !!! (poor girl looks like she had a sunburn....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisie
...it has a nice painterly feel, that I like.
ahhh... thanks - that's exactly what I'm aiming at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessDB
Looking wonderful Amira! Really like how you've done the hair so far!
Come up with any ideas for the background yet?
Thanks Tess - and no, don't know what to do with the bg yet. I always prefer a calm / minimalistic bg, but just leaving it like that might be a bit too harsh. Once I've finished I might just pick a color I used on her and put some marks on the paper... and since I used LOTS of colors I hope to find a suitable one!
Thanks for the comment on the hair, I was getting desperate thinking I ruined it with too many different colors.

Thanks Morgana (btw: wouldn't you like to take part in the new CP project???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynmr
I like the painterly feel to it too Amira. Try not to get too tight with the hair. Understanding the structure of it is far more important than making the hair pretty. You're doing a good job of it so far.
Thanks for commenting, Tommy! yes, the hair... ... I'm not happy with it so far but I'll try to even it out a bit. I just looked at Maddy again and … boy oh boy… I love her hair! I remember you saying you basically use three colors for skin tones (adding some for shadows I guess) and probably not more for hair. I think I used 8 colors so far (at least!) and definitely have to get a grip on what color to use!

Well, maybe with the next try!

Amira
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, Amira,

This is a wonderful WIP. It's great to see a portrait on black paper in its development stages.

Ann, I hope you do act on it! This forum strikes me as very supportive--they (and I) would cheer you on!