WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Studio Tips and Framing > Framing Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Inexpensive solution; odd size

Two posters, each 26 x 13, require a very simple inexpensive black frame. I found two plastic frames in a different size with thin plexiglass in a big retail store, but now I want to roughly match. I have tried Dick Blick, Jerry's Artarama, Cheap Joe's, JoAnn Fabrics, STAPLES, Wayfair, and a bunch of framing sites. I don't want to spend more than about $25 US on each of the frames--truly, these require an inexpensive solution (okay, may I go to $35 each). I also considered a Neilsen kit, but the pricing gets high when I buy the two pairs plus the glass--this may be my only available solution, but I was hoping for more ideas and sources by posting the question here. (I usually post in pastels and watercolors.)

Thanks for the help!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:51 PM
Enthusiast

Re: Inexpensive solution; odd size

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to paint
Two posters, each 26 x 13, require a very simple inexpensive black frame. ...
12" x 24" frames are common and can be bought cheap... If you could cut down the poster without losing anything important that may be an option.

STUDIOBONGO
INSTAGRAM
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Asheville, NC

Hails from United States
Re: Inexpensive solution; odd size

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to paint
Two posters, each 26 x 13, require a very simple inexpensive black frame.

My company’s least expensive frame, a narrow metal Nielsen profile 11 frame in black comes out to around $35 with glass and foamcore backing board. However, we have a better than normal promo going on this month that will get the cost below $30. If that frame is not like the one you are trying to match we have a couple others. One is a little under $35 and the other a little over: Flat black metal frame profile 2 and rounded Nielsen 15 picture frame.

Promo FRAMEBF for 20% off orders of $50 or more, expires 11/22/19

Here are those frames configured in the 13x26 frame size:
Nielsen 11 narrow black metal frame
Profile 2 flat black metal frame about ˝ inch wide
Nielsen 15 black poster picture frame

I am afraid we do not carry the cheap plastic frames with thin styrene (plastic) and our frames are not mass produced Chinese imports. These frames are Nielsen metal with foamcore instead of cardboard backing and picture framing quality glass (less green tint than cheap glass). We also have framing grade tenth inch thick Acrylite acrylic as on option to glass. We make our picture frames to order in America with full-time employees with benefits.

We have plenty of other metal and wood frames both custom (Build A Frame) and pre-configured (Find A Frame): Frame Destination

Hope this helps!
Cheers, Mark

Last edited by fdi1001 : 11-17-2019 at 11:41 AM.