Home Forums Explore Media Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials Has any one had experience with FW inks liquid acrylics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Edouard

Hi,
        I recently started playing with FW inks, liquid acrylics from Daler-Rowney.
        Has any one used them yet? Any suggestions. Thanks!

Eraethil

I’ve only used them as part of acrylic paintings and mixed media paintings in a very straight forward way. They mix well with other acrylics too. They are fun to blow around with a straw, but I’ve only experimented with that once on paper. Sorry to not have a bunch of great ideas.

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
            Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Cyndi L
                Edouard

I tried to let them flow down a canvas. Attached pic. Not very good will try better later.
                    thanks for your responses.
                    Ed

Edouard

and that’s what I got by blowing them on canvas. But still a lot to try with them. What acrylics to you mix them with usually? heavy body? soft body?

Sonia

http://www.saa.co.uk/art/artist/241828.html
                            A short video of work by Jan Gardner who extensively uses acrylic inks.

Another British artist using these inks – http://www.jennietuffs.co.uk/Jennie%20Tuffs%20.html

Guide

I like acrylic inks but I am slowly transitioning to Golden High Flow Liquid paints. They are quite intriguing and they are almost like an ink but with higher pigmentation from what I can see with them. They may not have the brilliance of some inks but they are really very good.

Click here to go to the information kiosk My You Tube Channel 48hlc48
                                The only person you can't fool, is yourself! (Oz The Great and Powerful)
                                "If you think you can, or think you can't, your right!"
                                "The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn

CarlyHardy

I use the inks for background painting….they give a translucence to oils when used under transparent colors.

I use them with acrylics, both under and over. Use them for outlining a lot.

You can also use alcohol with the inks for fun abstract shapes. Spray or splatter it on in small amounts until you achieve the look you want.

Here’s a painting with the inks and acrylic, both liquid and heavy body. Some of the techniques were achieved with alcohol. It’s 36 x 24 canvas (and has a happy new owner!)

Cyndi L

It’s beautiful, Carly…so vibrant! I’m not surprised that the owner is happy, and that’s prolly an understatement :)

I’ve used the FW inks and not much experience with the liquid acrylics. Love the examples here!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Edouard

Wow. these are beautiful paintings.
                                            I will definitely have to try with alcohol. I love the effects.
                                            I have not tried the Golden High Flow yet and interested to see what kind of results you get and how they differ from FW inks? More pigments you say. Will need to try that.
                                            Thanks again.
                                            Ed

sarahl00001

hi Carly, this is a beautiful piece – love it …
                                                I have been experimenting with liquid high flow acrylics and liquitex but it doesn’t seem to go my way! this is beautiful work – is there any links that you know of that show you how to achieve or work with inks and heavy body acrylic paints on canvas and you know of ??

pastadurro

Here are some of my airbrushed ink work. These were done with FW inks using a Badger Krome or Badger Sotar airbrush.

Dolphinfsg

Acrylic Inks have become my favorite medium. I typically paint with them like I do my watercolors. Lots of glazing layers, diluted with water, etc. but will also use them over acrylics like the bee below. I also use them with my wood burns. I recently purchased some high flow golden acrylic paints, but I like the Inks better. Here are some of my favorite acrylic ink pieces.

Acrylic ink on Wood Canvas

The Bee was painted on top an acrylic background

This was a Wood Burn with Acrylic Ink

vhere

i love them and use them for drawing as well as in paintings

like this plein air drawing – drawn with twigs and with water and brush to create washes while the ink is still wet

with watercolour washes and coloured pencil like this one in a sketchbook

and like this one – on UArt sanded paper with soft pastels

the sky is the limit!

I like to draw with twigs with it on a larger scale. it makes such gorgeous marks :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.