Home Forums The Think Tank Art History Discussions Modern metal scultures feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PaulJames

Good day! I created this thread to ask you guys what do you think about this Australian artist who specializes in sculptures because a close friend recommended him to me as a good option (quality and price) to buy an art piece for my wife’s birthday who likes modern metal sculptures. So, I added the artist website http://www.johnaberysculptor.com/modern-metal-outdoor-sculptures-for-sale-melbourne-australia-garden-art/ and I wait for your feedbacks. Thank for your help!

Pthalo White

This is JUST my opinion. I’m not a sculptor nor do I know anything about metal sculpture. It’s just my opinion, and you know what those are like.

I don’t get the attraction of the sculpture.

That being said, if your wife isn’t happy with her birthday present, than nobody’s happy, so I’m sure you know what your wife likes best.

Good luck!

Bobbi Ross

As the person said above, you’d have to decide if your wife would like something like that.
                As above this type of sculpture doesn’t appeal to me.
                Where I live I think some of it would get you a notice from the city to remove the item. 😀

Use Her Name

I am a sculptor.

I like the artist. His work is interesting. Metal (bronze) really should not be outside since it does oxidize. There are outdoor bronzes, but they need to be regularly taken care of — so just keep that in mind. Also, you might risk having something like this stolen from your yard.
                    Metal brings a good price at a scrap yard and there are meth heads out there that would sell your 4000 dollar sculpture for 35 dollars in scrap just to get a hit. I believe there is some sort of form you have to sign to sell non-ferrous metals to scrap yards, but I don’t know much about this.

A large sculpture needs a stand, and that is generally cemented to the landscape in some way with the sculpture bolted or welded into place. I personally think a walled garden is a perfect place for this kind of work.

I really like those gates as well.

I think getting a piece of art for your wife would be a spectacular birthday gift! I wish you well!

No longer a member of WC. Bye.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.