Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air pochade box

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ronart

have any of the plain air guys/gals built your own box ? i am building one and using poplar wood. my question is should i put any kind of wood sealer on it when finished. thanks for any help

Ronnie

Tipo

A frend made mine and I finished it with Boiled Linseed Oil, every so often I scrub it with Wire Wool and Boild Oil this lifts off all the dried paint and renews the finish, the box now has a nice patina.
            Tipo.

Bartc

I have built my own. Best one out of cigar boxes – the truly classic method. I leave the wood unfinished. Works fine, looks great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfFelGgvdk&index=45&list=PLJbAivwKSRw7aqbeSkJx8LY15QrEY6Qcj&t=0s

ronart

thanks for the respond, great video

Donald_Smith

I’ve built a couple boxes. I used linseed oil for mine as well.
                        Don

"We are never really happy until we try to brighten the lives of others." Helen Keller
                        A Painter's Quest

2stourseeker

I, on the other hand seeking to nuy a discontinued Horizon pochade Sienna series discontinued when Richeson purchased Craftech. Must be one around somewhere. Unusual in that it resembles a french easel backwards.
                            Perfect to use with the Dan Helsel vertical landscape palette for the prosmatic palette, premixed. Anyone got anu ideas?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.