WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:14 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Re: Stitch in Time February 2018

Lena, I think it's great that you are able to make your daughter a bouquet that will last instead of flowers that will fade away.

The sewing machine seems to be good. I did a test stitch on the project I was working on. Just ran a second line of stitching along side the first for comparison. It looks fabulous. Ended up finishing the dragon I was working on. But it's done now and I can go back to the doll clothing design stuff.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I am taking a break from knitting flowers tightly on 1.25 mm needles to knit a shawl loosely on 4 mm needles. The body is objecting.

I saw the pattern made up at my local yarn shop when I was there to get the tiny needles. I also saw some wonderful red yarn on sale that I could touch. I bought 2 hanks. Then I went back the next morning and bought the last 4.....

The yarn I am using for the shawl is the same as I made the ginkgo leaves from. I will give it to Vanessa when I am done. She can wear it if it gets cool at the reception.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:23 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, sometimes we just have to change gears and give the body a rest. At least you are still working on wedding stuff.

I made a skirt and halter for the doll.

I was going to tweak the pattern I used to make this one and make another. Only... ka-ching! I made another critter sale. Sold two more, so had to get those packaged up. Now to re-make what was sold. I know, it's a terrible problem to have that my critters are selling.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

That outfit has a superhero look to it! I can see it in a red, white and blue print!

Yes, Debbie, it is a hard problem to have.

My wrist didn't hurt when I got up this am so the switch is working. I should have also changed to knitting continental style (yarn in left hand) but I didn't think of that. It is to late now as it would change my tension. Maybe when I get to the lace part.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2018, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

The shawl. I am done the garter body part and about to start the eyelet lace part

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2018, 01:54 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, the shawl is wonderful. You knit so fast. I didn't think of the super-hero look. Thanks.

DH seems to have brought home a cold. He said he didn't feel sick it was just his sinuses reacting to an allergy. Yeah, right. Then why am I having the exact same symptoms? He's done that to me before, gotten a cold, said he wasn't sick until I point out that he gave it to me. As long as it stays just a cold, I'll be fine in a few days. The problem is if it goes into an ear infection or broncitis, then I'm in trouble. Taking the day off, watching movies and drinking lots of tea and water.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

That sounds like the flu I got. It felt like a sinus thing for days before it blossomed.

I don't knit that fast. It is just that the last few days have been bad weather and migraine time so I got a lot done doing nothing I should have been doing.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2018, 11:33 AM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, I sincerely hope this is just a cold. DH seems to be much better. He was "sick" for about 4 or 5 days. Sorry you've had a migraine. Hope you are feeling better now.

I'm still feeling ill. It's still in my sinuses, but I think it's gone into my ears since I'm dizzy this morning. *blah* I'm going to take another sick day and just chill with my tea cup.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I finished the shawl but it inspired me to do another one but with my own design for the "lace".
Here is the original. The colour is really off. The real colour is much closer to the first image I posted.

I started the second one holding the yarn in my left hand because I am still trying to make my right wrist and shoulder happy. My left index finger now hurts because without thinking I am pushing the tip of the needle back. I don't need to do this but the minute I let my attention wander my finger insists on doing this. I have very sharp needles. Last night I worked with a bandage on that finger to protect it. I can't switch hands at this point because my tension is different depending on the hand. I made that mistake once and it doesn't show until you are finished and spread it out. Then you see a distinct line and change.

Once I get to the lace section I will switch hands. I have to anyway because it requires purling and I have never managed to purl holding the yarn in my left hand, at least not at any speed or proper tension.

I designed a falling leave pattern for the wide lace border. That way it relates to the wedding theme.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2018, 01:02 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, take it easy on those hands. Without them you will be unhappy. Can't have that. The shawl looks great. Good luck with the second one.

I seem to be over my cold, which is great. The ear thing never manifested beyond a bit of dizziness. I took decongestants to avoid getting an ear infection. It seems to have worked. I've been playing with the polymer clay again. Each attempt is getting a bit better, but I don't have what I'm looking for yet. I'm not sure how much time to give this before I decide it's not worth following this path...
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Here is the swatch of the leave pattern

The final charted version will have them alternating with the long knit stitch being stems. I know it doesn't make sense in words. You will have to wait.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2018, 02:25 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, I believe you. The leaf looks great.

Worked on replacing critters yesterday. I have several to do, so will be continuing that process today.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2018, 11:32 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

I finally got back to the computer. Pat came home with the flu the last of Jan or first of Feb. Don't remember now, but he gave it to me. I have been sick most of the month of Feb. We both did get the expensive meds for the flu and they did help but so, so tired after it was over. Today I had to go for blood tests and they took about 10 viles of blood. New doctor. She is only 40 years old and from Canada. She speaks English and French. Not sure where in Canada she is from. Seems to be a really nice person and now it is will she be a good doctor. Go back on the 12th of March.

Debbie, seems you have been selling really well. Good for you on all the critters. The little doll is cute and the outfit is great.

Lena, flowers and shawls. You are a knitting whiz.

Hopefully I will be able to get back to being on the computer and sewing again too. I have got out my embroidery machine and want to do some fancy things on the doll clothes.