WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 02:41 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Daily Wash Monday 18th November 2019

Good morning all

A routine Monday here, driving Ruth to her knitting groups and shopping for a few things.

A cold misty morning here?

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 03:25 AM
Veteran Member

Re: Daily Wash Monday 18th November 2019

Good morning Doug.

It's Grandparent Day today but we'll only have little GD as the "outlaws" are visiting the boys.

I finished my decorations for the Christmas Tree Festival yesterday so I can start thinking about Christmas Cards.

Greetings to all who wash up later.

QS
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 03:57 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Got my hair done, big loose curls, trying styles out for Roslyns wedding. Maybe a pretty clip in one side. I don't want it tight on top of my head, I want it to fall softly.

Have fun with your grands QS xx

Hya Doug.

So apart from having my hair done, I have been getting quotes for yardwork. Yikes nearly 2000$ to remove some palms. Well two stands of palms. Hmmmm I cannot do it myself. Second quote coming tomorrow.

Have a good and safe day everyone
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 04:24 AM
Enthusiast

Good Morning All.
Cold light bright at the moment, Cold night for some tonight.
Elvis fed, caught by Sweetiepie and bopped repeatedly.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 04:42 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi JJ, hi QS.

Same here Rod, just on freezing out there.

Doug
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 05:16 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Good evening all.

Not a bad day today. Cloudy and dry. Cool breeze.

JJ have you tried that product called bed hair.

Works for me. Locks standing perpendicular to the skull like non Botox to the face.

I tried to walk on my hands to clean the floor, but my elbows got in the way of my knees.

Rod, why do black cats only shed white fur? Except on pale carpet.

Yep, been watching the news again.
My Flickr Site
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 05:30 AM
Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Morning all, to those who wash up later, and huggles to all who need them.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes over the last couple of days. It hit my dad yesterday just how lucky he's been, and he's arranging to get someone in to sort out the garage roof, which I'm pleased about because it's almost impossible to get him to do anything he doesn't want to do - like pay someone to do work when he thinks he can do it himself much cheaper! . I went out yesterday to look at the roof (from ground level obviously ), and apart from not having the ladders fixed to anything, the wooden board that goes around the edge of the roof is completely rotten, which I knew, but discovered it's only held on these days with a couple of nails, and moves around a lot. If he'd got the ladders resting on that, there's no wonder they slipped!

He's very sore and stiff, and possibly we think may have cracked a rib or two (at A&E my sister said the doctor who checked his chest x-ray said he may have something, but of course there's nothing they can do for cracked ribs except painkillers and rest). He finds coughing painful, but I've told him that if he needs to cough he shouldn't try and stop himself, and he needs to try and do some deep breathing. We don't want him ending up with a chest infection!

My sister called by with supplies from the supermarket so dad doesn't need to do any shopping for the next few days, though I can get more milk when I'm out for the GP surgery's patient participation group meeting this afternoon - I'm working from home today and I'll starting work a little earlier than usual to make up the time. I asked her to bring some bananas and chopped dates, so that later in the week I can make that date and banana loaf I would have made the other week if I'd had any dates or bananas!

It was a much quieter day here yesterday, with just the visit from my sister and a couple of neighbours to get my dad's bike back in the garage, which is fortunate as between the coccyx pain and sciatica, I spent much of the day horizontal again. I did make good use of the time though, and had a wander around in the Learning Zone.

Char - yes, I will be able to get some assistance - I need to talk to my GP about getting a referral. I will be eligible for more assistance now since my mum died and it's just me and my dad, as the authorities aren't allowed to expect a parent to provide personal care for an adult child of the opposite gender.

I had intended to check out the Wash last night, but got side-tracked by the annual Richard Dimbleby Lecture on TV, which I hadn't realised was on last night. This year's speaker was Sir Tim Berners-Lee, 'inventor' of the world wide web, talking about how he got the idea for it, how it was set up and grew, what it's grown into, and how he feels it needs a "course correction" to get it back to what he'd intended, and get rid of the 'darker' and more negative aspects of the Web. It was on BBC1 and will be available on the iPlayer.

Back later!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 06:13 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Another night of only 4 hours sleep. Maybe Iíll have a nap later. Two bad nights in a row and Iím feeling tired already.

I got over 6 hours of decorating done yesterday. Maybe I over did it. But as long as Brian was home and willing to bring up boxes from the basement I was going to take advantage of it. I have 3 to start with this morning and then see how I feel. I have a stuffed up head so itís not helping.

I donít have the kids this afternoon. Itís a day off for them so my DIL is staying home.

Rachel - itís good that you told your dad not to suppress his cough. He should be doing deep breathing and coughing every couple of hours while supporting his ribs by hugging a pillow tightly while doing it. I hope you get extra care quickly.

The start of a new week. Time is just flying. I hope this week brings better news for the areas of the world burning or flooding. Stay safe everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 08:42 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

It's going to be a dull day, no deep freeze and a high of 1C.

Yesterday was lovely with bright, bright sunshine, so much so that in spite of the cold outside it sent my living room temperature up by three degrees.

Jodi, Audrey and their respective partners were visiting and we had a really nice afternoon.

No dallying this morning because I have to take the car in for brake repair and to get snow tires put on. A driver will then drop me off at home and pick me up in the afternoon when everything is done.

I had a call from Les yesterday evening, he wanted me to contact Doug because he couldn't get into Wet Canvas. I told him off for not posting and staying in touch.

JJ, we need to see pictures of the "soft look".

to all here and all yet to come!!!

Uschi

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Just for you Uschi

Annie, I have used Bedhead, I am using Pump right now. It's expensive but oh so good.

Much love everyone, I'm inbed, and about to turn my light out. xx
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 09:09 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

JJ, Love it!!!!!

Uschi

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Monday to all......cold, but clear and sunny so hopefully, we'll get into the low 50's later today.

No big plans today.......gonna just play it by ear. Get on with getting on.

Breakfast, med and then we'll see........

JJ........love the new hair look.

Greetings to all here and those to come....may your day, evening or night be blessed. BBL

Be good, do good.........don't kick the cat.
Steve.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 10:23 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Looks bleak out there, no sun for a few days and snow still there, but it should be melted after the rain that's predicted.

Quiet day here, knitting of course! Had a good visit with DD, we got things sorted and transported, and checked out our new Canadian Tire store, just more of the same thing on each shelf as far as we could see. Wish it was still a grocery store, but despite protests, it closed. I hope the Home Hardware in the same plaza can stay in business, I like their helpers, it's smaller and I will go there when I can.

Fantastic hair JJ!

Working on cards here too, QS, only mine are easier to do, a repro of a linocut I did years ago. Have fun!

Glad Les is still with us Uschi, hope he can get in again.

Brain fog today, migraine earlier, will just say hope everyone has a good day!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 10:41 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

A pleasant morning. The deer keep passing through, running from hunters, its the season. Saw a six point buck yesterday. It was standing in my backyard staring at me staring at him. He won.

Opthamologist visit then much shopping. I'll be dead when I get home and unload. Unloading is a dreadful job, much harder than placing items in a shopping cart.

Who is that young lady with the gorgeous hair?
Bill

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2019, 11:46 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

HELLO EVERYONE

Oh it's 10:AM & I just got myself up. I heard the phone ringing in the middle of the night & it was my son's girlfriend. She was at a local ER apparently my son had passed out & she had called the aquad cause he hit his head on the stove.

So we got dressed & headed out. When we got there they were trying to get his blood. He was very dehydrated cause it it 2 nurses a long time to get any blood. His head CT showed no problems as did his neck view. He was awake & alert. They found no reason other then the dehydration.

We drove them home at 3:30 in the morning. I woke up at 6AM with a headache & drank a little juice & took Aleve & then back to bed. Keith went in late to work so we'll be tired today.

We were out this weekend to JoAnn Fabrics, WalMart, Kohl's & Hobby Lobby. I could not believe how packed the stores were. The Christmas shopping has begun here.

My Christmas decorating began on Saturday. I'll get it done this week. Today we have sunshine outside so I will take my Fall stuff off the porch & ready it for the Christmas season.

Rachel----I'm glad that your Dad did not get really hurt by the fall. He was lucky he didn't break a hip or something else. As Ellen said coughing a couple times a day is good along with some deep breathing.

JJ----Your hair looks really pretty. It's really long too. I can't wear long hair. My natural curl works best shorter.

Darla---Glad you got this week off work.

Bill---I love seeing deer.

OK I've got to move it.

Everyone have a good day.

Anita