WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 10:34 AM
Lord of the Arts
Perth, Western Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: Daily Wash Sunday 17th November 2019

Hi Everyone,

Well the temperatures have reduced a bit here, but the humidity has gone up somewhat, currently it is 89%, and rather sticky.

I spent this morning sweeping leaves from our back patio areas and paths, looks so much better now.

Monty and I were standing, checking the new goldfish in the new pond, there are Kookaburras,Herons, and am sure a few other birds that would find them rather tasty. We have noticed we are down one, so have 9 left now. This afternoon Monty was cleaning the pond, when he noticed something in the water, and when he looked a bit closer, it was a fry, and when we looked again there were several of them. We have no idea how many fry there are, but i guess it will be easier count them when they are bigger.

One of the Goldfish that we bought for this new pond must have been pregnant. She must have laid her eggs almost immeadiately after we put them in the new pond. Monty did a bit of research on the internet and judging by size the largest ones are at least 4 weeks old, they then go down in size. It will be interesting to see what colour they are.

Monty was also installing a float device in the holding tank so that it can be attached to the tap and keep it topped up automatically, he found a frog hiding in there, fortunately was able to net him and get him out I watched him while Monty cut a temporary top from cardboard so he couldn't go back in there. Once he had done that he was able to do that he was free to organise how he was going to set up the float device and hose so that it sat right under the lid.

Hopefully I will manage to eventually show you everything, including the bridge he built for me, it is amazing.

Any way, I should stop rabbiting now, i will come back in the morning to see how the Wash has evolved overnight.

Take Care,and Love to you All, Carolynn
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 10:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Bright and cold here too, have mountains of work to do before DD comes, but I'll enjoy my tea with you first! Am loving the latest knit too, more of the lovely fragile kid mohair and silk, this time a light lilac colour, hard to put it down!

Good straight hours sleep Doug, would love some of that, but at least I usually get back to sleep quickly when I wake up for a bathroom visit.

Bill, actually I would like more snow, I didn't get a decent photo for cards this year yet, I'm waiting now for our snow next week.

Nice to see your news, Carolynn, your garden is constantly developing, I'm looking forward to some pics A racoon got my goldfish when I had a pond. How amazing about the young fry....it will be fun to watch them grow.

Lulu

Thanks for the good wishes QS

Glad you enjoyed the skating Uschi, that was a particularly lovely program, they will do well with it this year. The Russians who won were wonderful too, and the French couple were not there, so our skaters will have hard work to stay in the medals at the Worlds in Montreal, even though they are so good. I think CBC may have mounted the Russian's skate too, but it is also probably on YouTube, a lot of skating is there.

Yes, as Uschi said, relax Ellen.....it will get done if it is really necessary. I am having to pull back a lot on things that were 'always' done, life goes on nevertheless!!

Curry sounds delicious Sylvia! I get the prepared Butter chicken sauce, I like it mild.

Hi Annie, Rachel, Doug and all to come!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 11:22 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Good morning. We are at 46 right now, but it will get up to the 60s. No ice or snow here, just sunshine. Donít know how long that will last!

After we got back from eating out on Friday night, I made up my mind that I was going to cook dinner every night this week. After eight straight weeks of eating out, I do not want to go to another restaurant or carry out place. I bought a good air fryer cookbook from the BlueJean Chef (born in Canada). I sat down and poured over three air fryer cookbooks, came up with a meal plan for the week, and picked up the things that were missing from the pantry. Last night we had Italian Beef sandwiches similar to French Dip. I made the gravey on the stove, and finished baking the French bread and French fries in the Air Fryer. Today, I am making a roast chicken. The hardest part will be turning it over two time while cooking. Best part is ultra easy clean up!

Rachel, I am glad you father did not get hurt...mostly his pride. It does sound like you will be needing professional assistance.

Carolyn, You are bringing back memories of my fish pond. We stocked with gold fish and had several batches of little off spring. It is too hot here, and our pond always ended up full of algae. Then the owls and hawks started feeding off our pond. It was a mutual decision not to fight Mother Nature.

Darla, Exciting news that Jen is coming to visit with the kids while Josh is in town. Glad that you are taking an extra week off work, and I donít blame you about being upset on having to take phone orders. That is the one thing that I do not miss having to work with the public on a daily basis.

Ellen, Congratulations on the sales! You had an amazing crowd this year. Christmas decorations will not be started until after Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to getting the gold tree up this year.

Annie, The news here on an hourly basis will curl your toes and give you chest pains if you let it. Sorry that you missed the rain. You would miss your fur babies if you sent them to Venice by themselves.

Lulu, We got rid of the hard alcohol many years ago. I think we have 3 cans of beer in the refrigerator in the garage. Sometimes the old cures are the best!

Hi to everyone I have missed, must now turn to the news of the day.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 12:02 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning! The sun is shining brilliantly and it has warmed up to 0C. It should get well above freezing today and perhaps the last of the snow will disappear. The fallen leaves littering it has made things look really dirty.

I'm late getting myself moving this morning, but I have managed to get some "stuff" done. Simon will be stationed on Pelee Island (as a Paramedic) for a week, so I helped him get his cooler packed for future meals. He eats so much! I didn't get my kitchen completely tidied last night but got that done this morning also. The paper and canvases are downstairs now. I won't be able to do anything in the Studio today.

We'll be heading out the door shortly to go to the Kids' place. McKenzie wants to steam clean the Couch and carpet. We're taking our steam cleaner over there to do that. I bought a better mat for the back door that I'll deliver also. I also have an old Bunn coffee pot that I'm giving the Kids. I used it in my Studio kitchenette but exchanged it for the newer model from the RV. We'll take up as much plaster dust as we can. There'll be more tomorrow, but it's much better to keep up with it. It's insidious.

Ted's feeling a little better today, so hopefully, he'll be ok while I get the work done. He can be our Supervisor.

Sometime in all this mess, I need to get our laundry laundering. Ted has two separate procedures in two separate cities tomorrow, so I won't be able to do much of anything at home. I'll need to get the back rug vacuumed and the bathroom cleaned and the Studio tidied! I will have a little time on Tuesday morning, thank goodness, before the Students arrive.

Rachel, it's amazing how well you've managed since your Mother passed away. And thank goodness for good neighbours and your Sister. Here in Canada, you'd qualify for a caregiver to stop in each day. I hope you can get something like that. There's no shame in admitting you need help!!! Thank goodness, also, that your Dad is none the worse for wear.

((Darla)) For heaven sake, woman... call your Doctor. And for everyone, well almost everyone, coming home to visit.

Congratulations on your sales, Ellen!!

Lynn, your Daughter is coming to visit you... don't worry about your stuff.

Sylvia and Uschi... I just cannot do curry. There's something about its aroma that really seems to upset my workings.

Lulu!!!

(((Annie)))

Carolynn, what fun that you've got some babies to watch in the pond. As long as the herons don't nosh on them!

Nancy, I've purposely stayed away from the News. When I was working, I travelled extensively for my job. I ate out for all my meals. To this day, I don't much care for eating in restaurants or ordering take-out.

Hi QS, Doug and all yet to come. We're ready to head out the door. So... time to go. Have yourselves a great day!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 12:10 PM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Lynn and Char,
We've had a menu change...Larry decided he was eating too much rice (have had it for the last two dinners) so we've moved the curry to next Saturday and I'm going to make Butternut Squash soup for tonight. I'm using a new recipe I found on the Internet that sounds really tasty because the one I used from the new Joy of Cooking was only OK. this is better.

Nancy, we got our daughter Christine an InstantPot for her birthday last year and she is really enjoying using it too. She goes to a user's site on line for discussion and recipes.

to all again,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Sylvia, I am using an Air Fryer. I never liked the crock pot, since everything came out tasting the same. I figured the IP would be the same. The air fryer is a compact oven with no racks to clean. Hardly any oil is needed to air fry, so it is healthier. Since I cannot bend over, I have not been able to cook in the oven. Now, it sits on the countertop and does its thing at half the temperature and half the time. The 5 pound chicken will take about an hour to roast.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2019, 03:01 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

I just finished lunch so back to decorating shortly. Iíve done 3 hours so far. But first I need to varnish my oil painting because it has to be delivered by the end of the month for our show.

The decorating is going slowly but that is usual. Iíve timed it the last 3 years and itís always around 40 hours. Some day I wonít be able to do this much so while I can I want to do all I can.

Carolynn - I used to have goldfish in my pond and they made lots of babies. They all start out black (for camouflage) and then turn a beautiful gold before turning different shades of orange. I gave up keeping them when we had to empty the pond each fall and catch them and keep them in 4 aquariums all winter.

We just had the post office deliver a package. She said they were working overtime because they were getting behind already. A lot of people must be buying online.

www.ellenspalette.com