Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Calligraphy Can You Write Shopping Lists Like These?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WindyBob

Been thinking of ways I could practice my calligraphy skills and, until I saw this article[/URL], I never thought about practicing by making calligraphy shopping lists!

Some of the examples in this article are more about design, saying that they’re like Michelangelo’s famous shopping list, especially when it comes to illustrations etc. But, wow, some of the calligraphy ones look gorgeous!

Does anybody else practice using their shopping list? Is it helpful to do so?

Some are un but those calligraphic ones are beauties!

On the basis that each list would be good practice, why not follow them?:)

It’s got me thinking!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Mike L

Some amazing lists in that article! I decided to turn my hand to calligraphy less than a month ago, and I’m already bored with basic strokes and alphabet repetitions, so am looking for new ways to practice. This seems to be perfect because I’m an inveterate list maker.

Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Mike L

Here’s my first copper plate shopping list.

Yasumoto sumi ink, 32# laser printer paper, Zebra G nib on a straight holder.

Mike L

For the sake of keeping something happening in the Calligraphy forum, here’s a grocery list I just finished. Sure hope someone else posts something soon – it’s starting to look like I’m writing a blog!:lol:

Yasumoto sumi ink, 32# laser printer paper, Zebra G nib on an oblique holder.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.