WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture > Portraiture Forum Library Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
The Left Coast

Hails from United States
Re: Portrait Challenge for July/August!

Nice work Miss H! Is this Charcoal ? will you work on her mo' ?

cheers - kw
"kevinwueste" on instagram
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Much more dramatic, Sandra, with the darker values in!

#48   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:47 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

THaNkYou>>> KEvIn you make my day~ gun me down now ! and nO in a fashion ,- well shes not~ I built her up solely with Graphite and just lines, I then applied and built the bg the same but added Pierre Noire over the top to dark even more so.. --so Now you know all my' secrets

Quote:
will you work on her mo' ?

yohhh ~Do you think she desrve mo' ?

Nance , wheres yours, ~ pushy little Oz arent I ......Yikes you know I got get out town for fear of getting gunslinged down !!. ..
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Yeah, Sandicat, this is a "make-my-day" law state! Don't wanna see you here after sunset, podner!

Here it iz, pushy Oz Chica!

I thought I had the face finished, but now that I see them side by side, I have the features too coarse...I need to give him that idealized Greek treatment. This is Ben Franklin I'm painting, isn't it?

Back to work again!

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I found some fantastic sculpture portraits on this website and downloaded them. These are some I thought would be a little different from the more formal poses, and I love the variety and expressions in them!

Don't let this scare you away, nobody expects you to make a study of everything posted here (and I hope that last one is nobody you know)!

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Gosh Nance , you know I love ya , and I will live to see another sunset I hope , Little Lady

Quote:
I thought I had the face finished, but now that I see them side by side, I have the features too coarse...I need to give him that idealized Greek treatment. This is Ben Franklin I'm painting, isn't it?

Back to work again!

God you crack this little pushy Oz chica up ... yeah thats the dude I think but Im no yank!!!! its looking wonderful Nance you just need to refine the Jolly fellow !!!brilliant stuff on finding all those other sculptures to Nance !!
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:24 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Looks like the Voice of Reason got to me ~after all ..... Thankyou to all the Wonderful souls that put this together and in giving of your Time and energy , I dont think I say thankyou enough well I do~ but once more cant really hurt ,and to the all that will post what Im sur will be grand works , its been fun and good for me to exercise self control in this drawing which normally Im to spaced to to do but Im on Holidays~ so I can skulk around on here I go back to school next week and I dont want

Nance I mite try that girl one you just posted in color maybe !!

#53   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2011, 08:09 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Sandra, we're kindred spirits ... that was the one that attracted my attention the most, too, and why I stopped to see what else was there! Your tiara lady is looking great!

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Sandra, we're kindred spirits ... that was the one that attracted my attention the most, too,

That we Are Nance .....What can I say , I need injection of chroma Opps I mean Color!!! Catch's- Later >>>>
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Ireland

I love the images, Nancy. Am I the only one who sees any likeness beetween the devil (or Faun maybe?) and Jack Nicholson?
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2011, 01:17 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Dominika, I wonder why? Couldn't be "The Witches of Eastwick," could it?

Sandra, you do so much drawing that I can see why you would tire of black, white and gray! I'm eager to see what you do with that charming face!

#57   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2011, 05:04 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
Sandra, you do so much drawing that I can see why you would tire of black, white and gray! I'm eager to see what you do with that charming face!

your right you read my very soul !!! you are but a Gem Nance !!!
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 AM
A Local Legend
Kolkata, India

Hails from India

@ Nancy - wonderful to see him emerge into 'life' like that! I love that gray

@ Sandra - She's gorgeous! Some very skillful work in the hair, and on that complicated shadow pattern under the chin, not to mention the crown. Wow!

#59   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 AM

Wow, these are all looking great so far! And everyone is so quick. My next update is fairly minor. I refined her features and the shape of her face. So hopefully she looks a little bit more like a lady, and a lot less like a strange robot

I have started adding value, so hopefully in a few days I can get all of the values in place, and post again to get a bit of feedback. I may also have to try that first new one that Nancy posted! Lots of great references here.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy-p
@ Sandra - She's gorgeous! Some very skillful work in the hair, and on that complicated shadow pattern under the chin, not to mention the crown. Wow!

Hey like Wow , LIKE I dig you man !!!! Sorry Im in stuck in 70s mode now , did you see that fab portrait I did in figures , its like so Hip man, and as to you saying all that too me , You are like a rainbow hitting me in the eyes man , Im blinded , you blinded this Groovy Chick !!! ~Total Compliment back at~cha!

Sarah, you on the right track the basic block in looks cool !! Take you time in building her up