Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Portraiture Forum Library Archives The 7th Annual Portrait Pairings and W.I.P. Thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 740 total)
  • Author

Yes, the random pairings (aka pulling names out of a hat) is done!

If anyone has a problem with any of these, PM me.
    I think I got everyone’s requests agreed to!

PaintingMum/Jaana lovin art/sandra
    sidbledsoe/sid
    sekulastudio/gaye
    LGhumphrey/lawrence
    shawnieb
    Dea/deanna
    alaskadan/dan
    agnesdale
    mimitabby/mimi
    Keya/keya
    ryster007/ryan
    southern wind/yvonne
    randa2000
    kevin weuest
    kazmik/kaz
    magaliLenarczak/magali
    bearstar/stephanie
    sandybells
    dollardays/nora
    tali/talya
    steven1
    Striver/les
    sillyBaZilly/corey
    garynorthants/gary
    J /jeanne
    qeenbee/bobbie
    Nettie/annie
    ujwala
    mianong/max
    cindy234
    wal t/walter
    Glennt
    theboardlady/diane
    BellaJo
    dashWI/daniel
    jaimemonbebe/kim
    turpintine45/jen
    bethany
    joolee/jools

Let the fun begin!!!

Get your best face on… take the photos to send to your portrait partner.
    Don’t forget to have a good clear photo and a good light source![/COLOR][/B]
    [/COLOR]

bethany
    moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
    website www.bethanyart.com
    My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Fleffyjen

Bit gutted, don’t appear to be there?

“He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” Elbert Hubbard

Jeni Westcott
        https://www.facebook.com/JeniWestcott

Fleffyjen

Am I stuck in the hat…………….?:crying:
            I’m not THAT bad……….:eek:

“He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” Elbert Hubbard

Jeni Westcott
            https://www.facebook.com/JeniWestcott

kevinwueste

Jeni, give Bethanyt a chance to wake up and take another look! (e.g., don’t be gutted!)..

Everyone, I wanted to give you some examples of photos that work: (note these are shot in “rembrandt lighting” or close to..

i draw, paint and teach | my voice is hoarse | my shoulder hurts.
                Talent is really a capacity for a certain type of learning of knowledge and a consuming interest in the facts that contribute to that knowledge~ Andrew Loomis
                http://www.kevinwuesteart.blogspot.com
                "kevinwueste" on instagram

kevinwueste

Some shots that would be not good to use ( first three head shots of frontal flash women portraits) – and the last two photos – for very advanced painters ( frontal diffuse light) ..

Talent is really a capacity for a certain type of learning of knowledge and a consuming interest in the facts that contribute to that knowledge~ Andrew Loomis

Did I fall out of the hat? :confused:

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

Steven1

Bethany

many thanks to you and all the others who have worked so hard to pull this together.

Kind regards
                        Steven

Comments and critique always welcome
                        Steven:)

Anonymous

I am counting about 45 member entries in the invitation thread but only 40 in all in the pairs :o :D

mringey

If you need an extra person for the pairings, I would love to join (it seems as though there may be a need).

Melissa

kevinwueste

Stand by everyone- we will get it sorted! Thanks for your patience!

Hi,

Thanks for the examples of photo’s, back to the camera I think!

Kaz

lovin art

Thanks Beth ~ Kevin for putting the hard yards in here , much appreciated … Janna, Ill send you a pic shortly….

oh and if your talking Rambrandt lighting like Kevin suggests , a hint with whats makes for a makeshift relector , I have see my brother use this one way back when (hes a photograhper) a car reflector shield works wonders !!

Turpintine45

Hey Kim I wont be home until Monday night and so far haven’t had a chance to get a photo done as visiting the grandkids and would look worn to a frazzle!I occasionally get a look in at the computer so you can PM me. Look forward to painting your picture.
                                            Thanks to everyone for organizing this. I am a newbie to this site but excited to be a part of this fun project.
                                            Jen

Jen

C & c's always welcome

NancyMP

Oh, Kevin and Bethany, I got dropped, too. I PMed Bethany about it, but I’m glad somebody remembers – I signed up pretty early on.

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                                                All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

My sincere apologies, guys….:o
                                                here are the final 4

Journeyman/dave stapeliad/ Jessica
                                                NancyMP Fleffyjen/Jeni

I ran out of time to double check the lists :eek:
                                                (I blame the husband who needed to use the computer last night!!):evil:
                                                Thanks for coming to my defence, Kevin- the time difference is sometimes an issue!!

bethany
                                                moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                                                website www.bethanyart.com
                                                My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 740 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.