WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture > Portraiture Forum Library Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 01:57 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England
Re: The 14th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap Pairings, Sharing & Paintings Thread!

It's looking good to me, Mike. 😎
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Jacksonville, FL

Re: The 14th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap Pairings, Sharing & Paintings Thread!

Worked some this Sunday morning. 72 degrees and yummy coffee on my sun porch, just a lovely morning with nature as my soundtrack.

Moving on to the hair which is my least favorite. And CURLS for days. I'm not well practiced as my last few swap partners were of the bald variety!

Shippeecraft.blogspot.com
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Canada

...and yet you are handling my hair so beautifully! That is how I feel about painting rocks and pine needles.
Looking really good Jess. You have really developed the piece.
Mike and Dollardays, yours have come along quickly and fabulously too.
What a fun exchange.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 02:19 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

The hair is lovely, Jess.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 03:04 PM
WC! Guide
Germany

Hails from Germany

how fun to see some faces ... I started working on Dave's portrait already...still lots to do...I hope I'll do him good
I want to surprise him... so I'll show some of the WIP after is finished and on its way... no coming back
Quote:
"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 05:15 PM
North Carolina

Hails from United States

I purposely deemphasized the lines and left out the majority of the distortion in the spectacle lenses so we could see the eyes. I think it is pretty much complete. It just needs to dry and get varnished. That will take some time. I forgot to use liquin for the touch-ups so it could be several weeks before I can send it. In the meantime, if you see anything that needs attention please let me know.

I have enjoyed watching the others develop. There is a wide range of styles and mediums but they are all very good. Thanks Pene for letting me paint your portrait.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Mount Airy, North Carolina

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollardays
Put some color on after it dried...not sure where it's going but having fun...always my goal when I paint.

I知 loving this Nora! The colors are awesome 👏
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Wellington, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Wow great charcoal Dea! I have started a wee oil painting but it is not at a great place to photograph at the moment! (ugly stage/ block in) But I will post a pic soon.
Great progress everyone.
K
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmik
I have started a wee oil painting but it is not at a great place to photograph at the moment! (ugly stage/ block in)

That is exactly where I am right now too. Waiting on something to dry so I can get it far enough out of the ugly stage to work it up enough to post.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2017, 02:23 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Thanks, Mike. My eyes are lighter than in the photo. A watery green with some brown flecks. Excellent work!
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Mount Airy, North Carolina

Hails from United States

worked a couple of hours on my portrait of Nora (dollardays). Grisaille just raw umber and zinc white.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubert
worked a couple of hours on my portrait of Nora (dollardays). Grisaille just raw umber and zinc white.

Oh wow!!! I am in love with it already Shubert!!! Can't wait to see how it develops. Looking awesome. I finished yours last night but haven't had any time to post until now. Hope you like it-- but I can change anything you don't pretty easily.

Should be dry by Saturday so send me your email and i'll mail it out next week!

#73   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2017, 02:52 AM
A Local Legend
Gretton

Hails from United Kingdom

MDerby that is a cool, poised portrait. I like the colours and excellent treatment of the glasses.
dollardays a bold portrait with a lot of presence.
Shubert the way you have captures the expression in your grisaille is lovely.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2017, 09:56 AM
A Local Legend
Pembrokeshire. West Wales UK

Hails from Wales

Plenty of action from you all already I meant to start last Tuesday but things got in the way so I知 behind schedule.

Started with slashing at a piece of paper with a pencil.

Will do the same with a brush later today.

Dave.
展hat peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!預nd you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?
Allen Ginsberg
Are you ready for a Journey?
PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits or emoting please.
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2017, 11:28 AM
WC! Guide
Missouri, I'm still in Colorado in my heart

Hails from United States

These are all looking great.

Dianna
WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art

C and C always welcome.
My DeviantArt Gallery http://dianna-art.deviantart.com/gallery/