WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#91   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member
Santa Cruz, CA

Hails from United States
Re: Issa Live 2012!

Ya - and thank you to Rich's little grandchildren for letting him come out to document the weekend!
Are we supposed to feel sorry for Allan, Harold and Angela?! Sheesh - I'm just jealous they are still hanging out together. I'm back home scratching with my kitties instead. I mean they are my little family and love them dearly but their technique is more difficult to master. I don't have their tools ;D
Personally I would not put it past RodMan to crank out a cherry pie that tasted pretty darn good!
  #92   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Lord of the Arts
Idaho, USA

Hails from United States

I just got home after an amazing weekend (sorry to make you jealous!!!). We travelled back in blazing heat through the Nevada desert 102 degs - WHEW!!

I'll upload a few photos as I know you're dying to see some - I don't have many as my camera is pretty poor and only a point n shoot. I decided as everyone seemed to have their complicated slr's I'd pinch their shots from here. But here's something to be going on with:

The first are from Sunday workshop - the INCREDIBLE airbrush dem by RodMan - which took him just one hour!!!

The others are from Monday workshop - Patrick showing his amazing micro-fiberbrush technique on the zebra followed by his unique squiggle technique on the skin of a monkey.

I'm off to bed now as its been a long trip - will tell you more tomorrow.

C&C Always welcome
jennyetches.weebly.com

Last edited by jeniart : 07-11-2012 at 11:28 PM.
  #93   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 AM
A Local Legend
Southwestern Corner of Utah

Hails from United States

Here is the finished demo from Rodman. I tried to upload it the other day, but WC would not take it. He spent a little more time tightening it up and adding highlights.
  #94   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Resting in Peace
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

Here is a couple of pics. The first is Monica taking pictures in Sebastopol with everyone's cameras.
The rest are in Armstrong Woods among the redwoods.

Diana

Monica

Allan out of Monica's sunroof.

Allan

As soon as we got there Angela wondered off looking for birds!

Cathy with her camera.

Monica the Gimp and Cathy.

Me

Harold, sorry about the focus!

[email protected] I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  #95   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Lord of the Arts
Long Beach, CA

Hails from United States

What a wonderful time. Its a great boost for everyone's scratchboard egos. One of the most generous group of people I have ever met. Giving with their time and talent. I'll be loading up photos when I get home and settled. Had a great day out in the Redwoods today. I hadn't been to the Redwoods before even tho I'm a native California. Sure was a great group of people to see it with. This is like dying and going to scratchboard/art heaven without having to go through the dying part. Thanks everyone.
  #96   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 AM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

I've just uploaded a bunch of photos from the workshops to Photobucket. Also a few photos from other locations, including Armstrong Woods at dusk - a spontaneous, hilarious adventure with Monica, Cathy, Harold & Allan on Monday evening. One of those special memories from the trip that I will never forget.

Go to http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/...atchissa/2012/ the password is issa2012

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
  #97   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 07:21 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

I just dropped an ISSA Award winning artist off at his terminal.
Who just happens to be the best friend a guy could ever be lucky enough to have.
I have been saying "he's no good on his own"...
Truth be told...I'm the one whos no good on my own.
safe travels buddy.

#98   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Lord of the Arts
Cincinnati, Ohio

Hails from United States

Arrived home late last night. Have 8 hours of videos to download to my computer and then process for uploading. It was fun to see everyone - those I've met before and those who I just met. A great group - very sharing and lots of smiles and laughter throughout the 3 days. It takes a while to get the videos up but I'll do it as fast as I can.

Rich
  #99   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 PM
A Local Legend
Southwestern Corner of Utah

Hails from United States

You are amazing for doing these video demos. Thank you so very much from all of us. I'm glad I got a chance to meet everyone who was there.
  #100   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

I'm home....my luggage isn't. Oh well.
My brain is mush....when it solidifies I'll post up pics.
Greatest week of my artistic life...ever

#101   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Lord of the Arts
Long Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Home safe and sound. Nite.
  #102   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Australia

Thank you for posting the pictures, it was just great to see them.
  #103   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:15 AM
A Local Legend
Colorado

Hails from United States

I Made it home too...but off to work, so will catch up this evening I hope.

Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!
  #104   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Lord of the Arts
Long Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Here is one for you Terri.
  #105   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:07 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

I know I wasn't on here much when i was in CA and I apologize for not posting as the week rolled on. I was constantly on the move and when I wasn't...well I was trying to use what I saw on a board. This years event was by far the best one yet.
I got to meet so many people for the first time in real life, meet people that I didn't know online, and reconnect with friends I haven't seen in a long time.
The hotel was fantastic and didn't mind that we overtook their lobby during the night. Harold and I made good use of it for sure.
The day I arrived (Thursday) I was running on no sleep. luckily Cathy was waiting at the airport for me and we headed off to the Hotel. Her GPS was saying go one way, mine was saying go another...then mine lost the GPS signal. Good thing she was there to tell me where to go or else I'd still be in San Fransisco trying to find the hotel! After setteling in at the Hotel, We went out and had some Tai Food...Man that was good. Sat around and talked then headed back to the hotel. I got to browse through her art and photography books...they were Incredible. I should be use to that by now but her works still blow me away. Then I headed off to bed.
The next day (Friday) after a good 6 hours of sleep, I headed off to pick up Harold at the airport...of course just when I got into San Fran my GPS lost signal again. My "expert directional navigation skills" lead me straight to the airport.... Somehow I found my way and soon me and my Buddy Harold were headed to the hotel....which...of course ended up with us getting lost and un-lost. (You will find that the word Lost and me come up a lot as I type away)
We got back to the hotel and the fun began.
A group of us went out for Chinese at a Chinese Restaurant that Diana suggested...and it was indeed a GREAT suggestion. Steve, Diana's Extremly Cool and all around Awesome Guy helped with picking some Really good dishes....some which I probably wouldn't have tried, but Man I'm glad I did. The food was great and the conversation was even better. For the first time in a long time I was completely relaxed and had no worries. That's also when I got to meet Ann. She at first had me worried...rather professional and well mannered....He he he...that didn't last long! She fit right in with us and accentuated the humor even more. I could tell she was going to fun to be around
We got back to the hotel and the fun in the lobby continued.

I could go on and on about this and probably will...but the chronological order of events might get a bit mucky...sleep was a rare event, about every other night for Harold and I...so if I forget a few things as I'm describing them, I'm sorry!
I'll post more if ya wanna' hear...but i have some Daddy things to do with my little Princess....seems she missed me just a tad while I was gone
I posted some pics in the photo bucket....more of them to come as well