WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2019, 04:46 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Re: *** Daily Wash Saturday 18th May 2019 ***

Morning all...
Sunday and sunshine is on my shoulder as i type.

I cant seem to do the link thing properly from my tablet any more but, just fyi, here is a link to the Ailsa Craig Quilt festival that my sister has work in and is tutoring at.

https://lfpress.com/entertainment/lo...ig-annual-show
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2019, 05:03 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi Lulu, the location of the exhibition doesn't appear on their main advertisement. This one does show the location but the address would be easier to find.

PS I googled it and here it is.

Doug
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:39 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Hi Everyone! Our day brightened up and the sun came out! It really didn't warm up very much, but the sunshine was sure welcome.

I finished painting my little cabinet and the powder room is now in order. I'll try to snap a few photos. It's really a small space.

We visited three more nurseries today, looking for watermelon and paprika pepper bedding plants. We didn't find them. And I did break down and bought a few herbs. We didn't find any spinach, either, so I seeded it into one of the gardens.

We have our tomatoes, herbs planted and two more raised beds worked up. It's been a very busy day. Ted's absolutely done in. He may not be able to do anything tomorrow... we'll see.

Nancy, congratulations on the growth of your FB page! There's nothing worse to clean up than plaster dust, I think.

Oh gosh, Betty... when I was young, we had a quarter horse whose wind had broken. He loved to run, though. One day he took off at a full gallop and ran me through the orchard with all the little branches whipping my arms as we rode through. I was a mess! Never fell of him, though. It's such a good thing that the young woman wasn't seriously hurt! It's a scary thing!

Lulu, I'm sure your Sister will be well received!

Doug, the image that comes up is a house. But, by turning around across the street, I can see the Recreation Centre.

I'm pretty tired myself. I think I'll put my feet up and just not do much of anything. TV vegetation time.

G'nite!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:52 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of your comments thru my ordeal yesterday, much appreciated.

Brian actually told me that I should have called 911.

I am thinking that I should get a home security camera as well.

Betty that horse adventure, how horrible and I am glad that she was not seriously hurt.

One day was I was about 13 I went horse back riding on trails in cutoffs and jesus sandals and my horse decided to scrape his legs on trees,, which ripped off all of my toe nails and then came back to my grandmother's cottage on Couchaching and she gave me a warm bath of my feet with bleach!

Another time I was riding with Cody,( 8 years) in Campbellford, he was bareback and his horse would not take off and his friend Laura, who is also profoundly deaf hit his horse with a switch and I thought Cody was going to have a heart attack. OMG

I also went riding that day with Laura's Mom Helen and she said we will ride a few farms that are 200 and 300 acres and I said I want a calm horse, riding western and she gave me a Mare that had a colt 3 months ago and was huge.
Fine for awhile but not at the end when she saw her colt and went into a full gallop to the barn. Wow I was glad to get off that one even though I was probably about 36 at the time!

We are just hanging around home this weekend and talking about security and stuff. Brian is in his 75th year and we are not getting any younger!

Brian went out to get some chlorine for the pool and give it a bit of a shock and when he came home he noticed the neighbours 2 down from us had a patio set out with tempered glass and 4 chairs for free so he got it. I think it was at the curb for about 4 minutes. They all delivered it here! He scored for sure.

I could not help as my ankle and back had gone out while I spray painted my blue bench inside the shed. I was a site for sore eyes, and said the next time I go to a convience store I should go out like this, Shower cap, painter rag on my head, painter rag across my face, painter rag across my chest with rubber gloves on in paint clothes.

Sweet couple!

I will have them down for wine and tapas some evening to thank them!

They could have sold it I am sure they probably payed about 500 for it!

Have a great one, the Fire Works are going off tonight in downtown Peterborough!

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2019, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Hi all....busy Saturdays! Steve, Lisa is probably the model rehab patient, checking off her list of exercises each day. ;-)

Beautiful day here...70. I ran errands and got home exhausted about 330. Napped until 5 and the cloud cover had moved in which made it perfect for mowing the lawn. The front was nice and dry...the back is such a bog...it’ll be soggy out there until July or August. The Honda is a dream and even though it looks a bit like hay rows, I did the mulching option. SO much easier and faster for this chore I find so odious lol.

Rain moving in from the South now. Going to be a soggy Sunday I think and maybe some t-storm action tonight.

Sharon, yes, creepy guy!