Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eugenia

Size : 9×12 inches
        Cold press paper 140lb
        Photo reference used
        Comments welcome

mgthorvaldsen

welcome! a very good effort! you have picked the 2 hardest things to start with, the rose and watercolors! Enjoy this great adventure, are you taking classes? ;-) r/marianne

Marianne
            "The best ships are friendships and may they always be.." anon.

[PHP][/PHP]

Yo certainly got the hang of painting and Old English rose.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Eugenia

Thank you for your informative comments, Yorky and Marianne. I’m not taking classes ( I wish ! ). But found some useful video tutorials that helped. Also, visiting the forums here always helps too.

oldey

Beautiful!

You are a quick learner, check out the Watercolor links in my signature for demos and advice.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Eugenia

I’ve been visiting these forums since around 2001 , 2002. So about 17 years ! Under different usernames, lost passwords and between long breaks. Painting in watercolor for about the same time ( with shorter breaks :) watercolor is a lifelong journey

ErnstG

The colors are great!
                            (Maybe in the flower a little more depth?)

Ernst

Meine Seiten - My website
                            Malen ist nicht alles im Leben - aber ohne Malen ist alles nichts!
                            Painting is not everything in life - but without painting everything is nothing!

mgthorvaldsen

Keep up the good work, something to really enjoy, in your own time & way…glad you can share these with us! ;-) r/marianne

Marianne
                                "The best ships are friendships and may they always be.." anon.

[PHP][/PHP]

Way to go, Eugenia! Such softness and delicate touches in this rose painting. I love your negatively painted leaves, too, or what appears to be done that way.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Eugenia

Thank you, Kay, Marianne and Ernst. Leaves: painted the surroundings first then added layers. Flower will have more depth in the next one (will not touch this one anymore).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.