Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia red woods inktense, ink, a tiny touch of gouache

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vhere

playing with ideas and using inktense blocks for most of it,

Cyndi L

Gorgeous, Vivien! I have inktense pencils, but have never played with the blocks. Were you able to add the white on top, or did you mask it?

vhere

the white is partly the paper and partly white gouache

With pencils you would have to work harder to get the bigger areas of intense colour but it is possible.

this was done as a commission for Derwent for the page on their website on inktense pencils (they have revamped and it isn”t there any longer)

laika

I have an Antique White in my Inktense pencils, but I can’t tell that it makes any mark at all. I resorted to bottled white ink for cat whiskers on my last Inktense attempt.

Anyway, i like your red woods painting. Very nice work!

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                    - Otto Rank

Stunning colors in always so well painted works! Luscious!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Dolphinfsg

I have an Antique White in my Inktense pencils, but I can’t tell that it makes any mark at all. I resorted to bottled white ink for cat whiskers on my last Inktense attempt.

Anyway, i like your red woods painting. Very nice work!

I like the white block from inktense better than the pencil. It dries whiter than it looks when you first put it down with water. I use it like a pan watercolor.

Vibrant work.

Thamaso Ma Jyothirgamaya.

laika

I like the white block from inktense better than the pencil. It dries whiter than it looks when you first put it down with water. I use it like a pan watercolor.

Thanks for the info, Dolphinfsg! I’m near an art supply store that sells the blocks individually; maybe I’ll try one. I’ve heard, BTW, that Derwent now makes a pan set of Inktense colors.

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                            - Otto Rank

vhere

Derwent do make a set in the format of a box of watercolour pans now – I haven’t tried them as they gave me both the pencils and the sticks so would be overkill – but I’m sure they’d be good to use

I prefer white acrylic ink if I want to regain really white whites

Shanec

Beautiful, just bursting witg colour and energy.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

Dolphinfsg

Thanks for the info, [B]Dolphinfsg[/B]! I’m near an art supply store that sells the blocks individually; maybe I’ll try one. I’ve heard, BTW, that Derwent now makes a pan set of Inktense colors.

I don’t recommend buying their pan set. It has limited colors and they aren’t producing them all in pan form. What I did is cut my blocks in half, then cut one half again into quarters, stuck them in pans and made my own set. I love it and use them so much more frequently now. I only have the 24 block set, but the colors mix well. I think I may eventually get the 72 set. I have the full set of pencils. I love using Inktense as an underpaintint to my watercolors.

Anonymous

vhere: That is a really impressive, colorful painting! Thanks for sharing.

vhere
                                              Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.