WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 03:11 PM
A WC! Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... May 2018

Thanks Becca. Mostly it has been good 'stuff', except I had to upgrade Quicken from 2015 to 2018 so I could continue to download account information. Then it turns out I bought the wrong version, which doesn't allow invoicing, so had to buy and download the Home and Business version.

The hike was to a place called Samuelson's Rocks. Back in the mid 20s, this guy and his wife showed up in what was then ranching country, and when he wasn't being a ranch-hand, he carved his philosophy (and rants) into some rocks.

The main road that runs through the park, where we parked, is just in front of the hills in the background.

Someone says the park service wants to add it to their map and post trail markers to it, which I think is a really bad idea. It is relatively remote from most of the heavily used areas, and in my opinion would only invite vandalism, removing artifacts, and trash. Too many people seem to have no problem carrying a sixpack of beer or whatever to wherever, but an empty can is just too heavy to carry back out with them.
It might also give some people the idea that they too, can carve (or spray paint) on the rocks. They do it already in unprotected public lands.

I visited a remote BLM campground 2 months ago, where the BLM had provided 8 metal trashcans with lids and bags for people to use, and some campers had stuffed all of their trash into 2 cans, which were both overflowing, and trash was blowing everywhere. How stupid can a group of people be, that they can't even figure out how to contain their trash? [Insert Why we can't have nice things meme]
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 03:38 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia..glad you sorted out Quicken although with a little trial...and you are right, too often people are inconsiderate....it only takes a few to spoil it for everyone else.

btw...the rocks are cool.!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 06:13 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Marcia, those scenes are certainly worth protecting, and I hope some of the people in power can come up with some boundaries against those who would treat it like trash. But if it does happen, at least you have memories from your camera to treasure.

I got up this morning to see one of my rosebushes sprouting five little buds, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Becca, that really was a close call for you with tornadoes coming so close to your house - I'm very glad you survived!

#34   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 07:44 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Nancy, that is nice of you to say...

glad your roses are preparing to bloom for you...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 07:55 PM
A WC! Legend

Nancy, so happy to hear about the rosebuds. I get so excited in the spring when I start to see signs of renewal.

Finally got my own books and other bookkeeping up to date (I still have 2 clients who I will keep because they are nonprofits). I think I will have time to do an underpainting on the nocturne this evening.

I heard from the guy who commission the red VW today, and he is in no hurry, which is a relief. I really should not use that as an excuse to procrastinate though.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:36 PM
A WC! Legend

It's the 5th of May already somewhere!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 01:28 AM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Love that Mexican cat pic MT
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 01:46 AM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Lasty day of the exhibition, and I went to arrange hand over of my painting which was sold to a very nice lady who seemed thrilled. Apparently someone else had wanted to buy it too but had wondered off and she nabbed it before they came back. Now if that person uses some common sense they can look me up and ask after any other paintings I might have, it is not as if I dont have a few I would be happy to sell.

Went for a walk yesterday evening and took thie pic

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 04:19 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia, happy Cinco de Mayo....

Mark, congrats on the buyers and you are right, hope the other looks you up...always a frustration...but your paintings do have that take me home appeal...

nice pic!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 10:07 AM
A WC! Legend

Happy Caturday Oilies!!!

Mark, I hope that potential customer gets back in touch with you. Beautiful pic, the reflections are just stunning.

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 02:05 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Happy urday ... just making something of a start to mine...

last evening did my drawing for my next painting and maybe will do that this weekend...dunno yet...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 02:28 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Mark, I'm thrilled at the very idea of two people wanting the same painting. But you have become so accomplished that it's no wonder at all!

Marcia, thanks for the Caturday exhibit...here's one more...

#43   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 02:42 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

Afternoon everyone!

Busy, busy today. Just finished editing my video, now I gotta go make some end screen cards and annotations in the video. Going to just soft finish it and put it up today I think, then go back and edit it a few times over and upload newer versions as needed. Considering I never had any video making training or anything I think I did okay. Wish I had been able to record my pan over my works without the jitter, but I don't have a rig for that yet. Maybe I could just use a photo of the entire thing and use the video editing features to pan and zoom over the images. . . Oh that's much better, writing it down in my journal to work on that over this week when I can't focus on painting.

All these photos of cats. . . I miss mine, but really this apartment is not well suited for a cat, dog, wife, and daughter. We would be tripping over each other too much. One day I won't live in a tiny hovel, I will have a giant cave all to myself and the wifey! Probably not, doubt she'd let us live in a cave, much to my dismay.

Delofasht
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 02:43 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

Becca, looking forward to your next painting, I would love to see the sketches too honestly I always find everyones process very fascinating.

Delofasht
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 03:09 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Delo, look forward to seeing the video...learning curve to everything...I'm sure it is well done...

and thanks...I'll show the sketch after I get the painting down...something about not jinxing myself I hate to show too much too soon..
Becca's Fine Art my blog