WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 11:53 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... May 2018

Mark...good luck with the sales...

Delo, Mark...as for crazy, not a bad thing...

and Delo, I don't take offence at talent either...guess it's an individual thing...

Your blossom is gorgeous

and as for florals..

Name:  1131569xxl.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  1073232xxl.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  171.2 KB

The iris was done from life...a white on white effort...

and I wonder where Marcia is...???
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from European Union

Becca, so elegant, love the colors in the first one!
Annie, sorry .. I did see your post multiple, maybe wc corrected it later cause I don't see it anymore.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 04:16 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Mosc....and yes, Annie did have about 9 posts...think someone came and deleted them for us...sometimes there is a glitch...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from European Union

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Lord of the Arts
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

Becca, I really enjoy them both, that white on white is so tricky getting the depth and difference in texture and quality between the flowers and the background there. Butterfly is very direct, the paint strokes are almost an abstract painting in their own right, very nice indeed.

Delofasht.deviantart.com
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 05:28 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Delo...thank you very much....the iris were one of my fav paintings .. and plants...lol...I still do love painting white...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 06:43 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Delo and Becca, thanks for adding more lovely flowers to look at - love them!

We had a bit of bad weather last night, tornado warnings, and hail, and a huge gush of rain, so My one little rose in the garden was shredded into little petals when I checked it today, so I'm loving your flowers even more than usual!

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 08:58 PM

Nancy- thanks for the compliment. I enjoyed seeing the flowers you posted, especially the 3 on the left, beautiful execution I hope your roses make a comeback after the storm!

Beautiful flowers, Delo and Becca as well! I love that butterfly
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2018, 09:53 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy...that is the plains weather for you...just have to get used to it....

Paul...thank you.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 01:27 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
Nancy...that is the plains weather for you...just have to get used to it....

Becca, I'm used to it, since I was born quite a few decades ago right here in the middle of it. The first tornado I saw was when my dad was standing on the steps to the basement, and I begged him to pick me up so I could see it. I was about five then, and the tornado had started a fire at Tinker Air Force Base. Probably the wickedest thing I've ever seen, and I'm still glad my dad let me see it.

Paul, thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

#26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 04:06 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

I realize that Nancy...was just a rhetorical statement...I know you have history.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:32 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Sorry for my absence. I subscribed to both this thread and woye, but am not getting email alerts for either, that anyone has posted. I guess if it keeps on not working, I will report it.

Anyway, busy busy busy this week with 'stuff', hoping to paint today. I need to finish that commission, because I have a nocturne I am wild to get strated on.

Took a 10 mile hike yesterday. Didn't intend to, but we had a bit of bad information at the start, which made our destination further away, and harder to find. It isn't on the map, so we had to rely on info we found online.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:39 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...glad you are ok....in spite of that 10 mile hike....and stuff....
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

Good afternoon everyone! Nearly finished my owl painting that I have been sharing on the WoYE, and did a little portrait study in one of my sketchbooks on a page that I prepared with some Casein. Interesting note, less than a day and the surface is tacky, and with my medium (to which I have marble dust added) the impastos are soft and able to be brushed out smoother so I won't have to resort to sanding it later. Just brushed it smooth with a soft bristle brush a few minutes ago. Absolutely fantastic for me, means that when it's dry I can hop right into glazing.

Marcia, I could do for a nice hike, been too long since I have gotten outdoors for more than an hour or so (to get a very small plein air in before being blown away by gusting winds).

Nancy, I remember seeing a tornado when I was a kid as well. One of the most amazing and awe inspiring sights I can recall.

Delofasht.deviantart.com
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2018, 02:14 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Delo, look forward to seeing your paintings...glad you are happy with your medium...always good when we find something that works well for us...

aside from tornados in the air have seen maybe none on the ground...but did have about 4 or 5 in a cluster from the group that hit Greensburg KS not so long ago and took it out, went on to travel many miles from there which included a pass about 2 miles from me and was without power for 2 weeks...Another more intimate episode was when one came through my yard....only about 100 feet from my house...was newly developed and not yet completely on the ground , but took out my bradford pear and 1/2 a cottonwood, which it impaled in the shed roof....went on several miles where when toppling a large tree killed two people...to me they were just a sign of spring...there were many....
Becca's Fine Art my blog