WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2018, 02:50 PM
A WC! Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... May 2018

#152   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2018, 03:48 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Nancy...hope you are feeling better
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:45 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

I hope you all have a splendid day!
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Hi Marcia...

this nocturnal painting has messed up my sleep schedule still...made some use of early hours getting a better photo of this one...finally...have been trying since I painted it 3 years ago.!

Name:  finally resize.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  223.3 KB
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:03 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

I had not seen that one Becca, very nice indeed I enjoy the bright cyan color in the hair, the forms, and the pose of the figure quite a bit. In fact, I would say every bit of it is a success. I think perhaps I like the implications of narrative in the more recent work just as much though, and find it interesting being able to compare them to each other here now.

Ah yes, I was up until 3 this morn, getting some detailed painting in and preparing for a visit to some friends later this week. Going to be there the entire weekend, and it will be fun of course, but exhausting. My painting did not go as well or as bad as I thought it might, slow work, building shadows and lights then building upon the implied forms that I had blocked in earlier. Felt it would be much more volatile, but I realize now that perhaps I should have spent. More time in the background working out the far areas before having spent so much in the more foreground elements. Ah well, it is complex subject matter, and I need to use up a lot of paint quickly today, so I guess I will sketch out a few of the subjects in the painting with oil today to get a better understanding of what I am going to do in the final painting.

Of course, I am never working on just one painting at a time anymore, also did work on a landscape study mostly from memory, I will get a photo of it in a bit and post it in the WoYE. It is really coming along, but I need to reach for one of my bright yellow colors to drop in some brighter elements I think. Also did touches on 4 other paintings, glazes here or there, a few highlights on this or that, refine a few feathers in an owl, put a few white patches in some areas I want to render lighter than it surrounding with glazes in a cavern. Lots of fun stuff, share most of it when I get back to the house and get a pic of them.

Delofasht
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:27 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Delo...look forward to seeing the progress of your nights work...sounds like much in progress...

as you aren't familiar with that painting .. it is 36x60 inches...not esp part of a series except a group I just call 'matters of the heart'... mostly just what I'v created the past 4 or 5 years since my 'sorrow series'...anyway, thank you for your kind comments...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #157   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 12:59 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

Gosh, I gotta get better lighting for photographing my work, all things in due time I suppose. Just gotta grab a few more lamps I guess, well they are up at least. Very happy with where they are at currently, so close on some and yet so far to go.

Delofasht
  #158   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 01:04 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Photographing is a cure of the internet...I seriously end up spending as much of more time photoing as I do with the actual painting...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #159   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:03 PM
A WC! Legend

Photographing paintings like Becca's, with a dark background, or a nocturne, are extremely hard. The larger the canvas, the more area for glare too. I have been successful at taking some good enough to make prints of, but it was a struggle.
Becca, I think you did a really good job!
  #160   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:15 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Marcia...and all you say is true....

actually I have a second shot that is even better, but I'll spare posting it here...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #161   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:27 PM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Trying to finish off a number of paintings, and feeling worried over which direction I am heading.

Have an appointment to see the surgeon next week so we will see what she says, had to fill in a fairly long questionaire on how much I drink smoke and how much drugs I take etc.. aLong with questions on allegies and previous surgeries, of which there haave been a fair few.

Well I am older and wiser now so apart from being partial to Red Wine and good Beer I dont smoke or do anyting that might get me in trouble.

I paint and when I can watch a little TV. I have a whole load of catching up to do with Homeland and a Sci Fi series about an Asteroid and just started what seems to be a truly brilliant Danish post Apocolyptic TV series.

Wow I sound like a fun date Huh !

Last edited by MarkMark : 05-16-2018 at 03:33 PM.
  #162   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM
New York City

Hails from United States

Quote:
just started what seems to be a truly brilliant Danish post Apocolyptic TV series.

Are you talking about The Rain? It was really good.

#163   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:50 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Mark...good luck with the surgeon...congrats on passing the questionnaire...lol....I'd like to know the name of the series too...

no doubt your wife thinks you are a great date...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #164   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:58 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Jessica, the weather people said we were going to have about two weeks of rain, but I think I'm well past believing them any more: We had a big soaker Monday, which was great for my roses, but the flood they predicted has disappeared.

Becca, I remember that painting!

#165   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:52 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Nancy, a day or two of rain sounds wonderful, but not 2 weeks, yikes!