Hi Tatyanka ...
I love a marketing challenge ...
Regarding your comment
- "We have been in business for over 20 years and it would be such a shame to close it down."
After reviewing your website
I've come up with the following observations and suggestions:
80,000 past buyers
- "The easiest and most cost-effective sale - is the sale to past buyers."
Put simply - marketing gurus have noticed - 'the money is in the list.'
1- In my opinion- it is not the technical side of your site that is wanting
- although you might look into CDN processing... to reduce page speed load timing. However this is not a priority at this time as competing art supply houses all have similar high page speed load timings...
run your site and competing art supply sites through - https://www.webpagetest.org/
2- The back-links of your site are not the issue
- as all online art supply houses are in outrageous competition mode... and the backlinks history of competing art supply sites all show a significant drop-off ... see https://www.majesticseo.com
So what is the suggested marketing remedy?
It's the 'story' side of your site
that has the most potential of retaining and increasing sales...
Michael Che - Director of Digital marketing
... might want to review just how Jerrysartarama is retaining clients -
ENGAGE YOUR 80K BUYERS
- of all the competing art supply sites - I have found - Jerrysartarama offers the best paradigmn.
* see https://www.jerrysartarma.com
- 'artist resources'
* " - 'online art contests'
* " - 'my story'
* " - 'read stories'
- it is the sale ... after the sale (to the same customer) ... that will increase the profit margins.
* But first
- you have to 'engage' your buyer with your site.
* It's time to get out your 80,000 buyer email list and go to work 'engaging' them.
1- see Mailist Controller at http://www.arclab.com
( a very cost effective and comprehensive email engagement program - allows the company computer to act as an email server. I use it myself)
2- Or you could try https://mailchimp.com/
and use it's automated
features. The automated features are really remarkable.
Hope these suggestions give you food for thought.
- was going to comment on your 'plein aire - still life' entry of 8-6-18 but thought this was a higher priority.
I don't claim to be a marketing guru - but I have used these things and they do work.
Here's the back story
about Jerrysartarama - years ago I contacted them - requested a set of brushes for demo and blog article purposes
. Had to divulge what site would have the demo article... to obtain the brushes at no cost. It was an online competition art gallery. Well Jerrysartarama liked that site and took the idea to a whole new level of engagement.