Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor The Learning Zone Problem with Fabriano Artistico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gia Ng

This is my first pad of Fabriano Artistico CP 300gsm paper and gosh It buckles like crazy. Just one coat of water and the paper curve up like a bow. My Saunder and Arches don’t buckle this much. Does anyone have the same problem like me or maybe I got a bad batch? :confused: Such a shame though since I had high hope for this paper.

Macarona

I haven’t had that with my Artistico.
            I bought them before the production was changed.
            The new manufacturing process can be the reason for this.

kind regards Macarona
            Stay calm, you can not protect all people from mistakes they make. They should also be allowed to learn from mistakes and gain experience.
            Especially financial mistakes.:angel: Keep calm, you can not prevent that there are not only reasonable suggestions from people. Specifically on the subject: only try and how long. Important topic: Please Save the Internet, that we can still share a lot of knowledge. # No articles 11 and 13!!!

Twiggalina

I’ve had the same problem. It’s a bit cheaper here than other cotton papers but I’ve decided to stop buying it and now buy Winsor and Newton. Fabriano buckles far too much for me to the point that it comes unstuck from one of the blocks I bought.

RedcarUK

I think that Artistico is not sized as heavily as Arches.

I use FA in my homemade sketchbooks as it is more malleable and less prone to cracking when folded. I wouldn’t use a lot of water on it for the same reason, but for my purposes it’s an excellent choice of paper.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.