Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical Septembre Plant Parade CHALLENGE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

!*!*!*!* Before you read on – we need hosts for 2019,
    so please go to the Schedule thread and book a month –
    you don’t need an elaborate theme and the F&B team will help you!

Many thanks, Maureen !*!*!*!*

Good morning / evening to all.
    Welcome to the Septembre Plant Parade Challenge:

TAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE

The wild plants around us. I have taken some photos of some of the ones that grow aroud here.

Challenge # 2 – create / invent / imagine your own wild plant / flower. Show it to us:)

I hope you will enjoy this challenge. :)

Ready? Grab your brushes, swing your paints:clap:

And remember, please don’t post your entries until our “Reveal Date” which is the 25th September. Entries can be posted from then on until the end of the month. :thumbsup:

Maria - Made in Portugal
    "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

What an excellent and exciting subject! thank you for hosting provenceaquarelle/Maria

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Margaretta

Maria they are beautiful and complex! What a delightful challenge; thank you.:wave:

Through striving, to the stars.:confused:

Thanks Maria! So many varieties of botanicals around us and each has its own scientific name.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Triduana

Wild flowers – one of my favourite things. Sounds like a good excuse to go for a walk with my sketchbook :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

I am glad you like it.:)
            I was in a difficult position after Vivien took my theme.:lol: :lol: .

Kay, I have written the latin nomenclatura so that anyone, even if not english speaking, can find the vernacular name in their own language. I thought it would be nice for those who want to know the names:) .

Maria - Made in Portugal
            "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

Thank you Maria!
            One girl’s weed is another girl’s garden flower!!! ….. some of these are cultivated here!!!

Well, I don’t have far to go to find wild flowers, so this should be a very nice challenge!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Will try this challenge with this interesting array of weeds from the garden.

LIL

Thanks Maria, for a great theme! I’ve already started mine in ac and decided to finish it with op’s.

Christel

catjoe

I don’t know if I will have the time to complete a painting, but I like the inspiration of the challenge, and I had a lovely walk looking for Autumn wildflowers as possibilities. Great theme.

Kathy
                I love friends to visit my blog: My Blog: Minding My P's with Q

Last night started the scabiosa columbaris so we’ll see if it turns out decent enough to post.

Kay

LynneDe

I am working on clover…we’ll see how they come out. I wanted to get to asters but I guess I will have to be happy to have something new and fresh done…

Blessings, LynneDe

As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe

It turned out okay so will be posting it on the 25th.

Kay

Triduana

I have nothing yet. I’ve seen some very interesting plants today but the weather did not allow for sketching – even photographing was tricky as I kept getting rainwater on my lens!

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

I am so thrilled for your enthusiastic responses!!!! Thank you, thank you:)

I have nothing, yet… But will try hard to post something – shame on me.

Maria - Made in Portugal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.